Journey inside the mind of a young man with schizoaffective bipolar
  • Conmck99
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Journey inside the mind of a young man with schizoaffective bipolar

by Conmck99 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi all - I am helping my brother produce a "documentary" about his life dealing with bipolar schizophrenia. The story is told through the lens of an emmy award winning journalist with film collected over the past two decades. Our goal is to spread awareness and end the stigma around mental illness.

If anyone has suggestions on groups/networks we can help spread the message we would love advice.

Below is full description and here is link to trailer and kickstarter: https://bit.ly/2LNXQ8D

A promising young man with great experience and hopes to be in TV is tragically derailed by the abrupt onset of a psychological diagnosis he cannot control. “Danny” is the powerful and often disturbing story of a man coming to terms with this loss. Deeply honest, courageous, frightening and as visually arresting as the illness itself, “Danny” bears witness to the pain and the transformation of the human spirit emerging out of the dark and lonely depths of mental illness.

• Alerases
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Journey inside the mind of a young man with schizoaffective bipolar

by Alerases » Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 am

That's a great idea. I wish you good luck in this case
    AmaDeY1993
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by AmaDeY1993 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 pm

A friend of mine went through similar problems a few years ago. It was a difficult time that I remember very much because I was constantly looking for a" cure " for it. He suffered greatly from this, and his family suffered with him. I then advised them to go through counseling for grief because I had heard a lot about the positive results of these consultations. This proved effective for my friend over time as well. The advice of experts was helpful and helped to cope with these problems.
  • TheSwivel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheSwivel » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Wow, this is a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing!