A WARNING...and a sad story. Don't work with Crowdco.co...
  • AdamJoe
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

A WARNING...and a sad story. Don't work with Crowdco.co...

by AdamJoe » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:15 am

So, it may come as no surprise, but we are new to the crowdfunding game. We run a small charitable organization that operates out of Switzerland, providing development and support systems, tools and resources, for the global farming community.

We recently embarked on, what started as an exciting crowdfunding journey, only to be left in ruins by the deceit and malpractice of an individual by the name of Patrick E. Calderon-Dakin, and his marketing 'agency' Crowdco.co. Firstly, to clarify crowdco.co is NOT an agency, it is an individual, that does not provide the services contracted, and essentially takes your money and leaves you with nothing in return.

Prior to signing a contract. Patrick was extremely communicative, open with response and insights and very informative as to what his 'team' could provide. As soon as our $4200 (yes $4200) hit his bank account, then we started to notice the change.

Never on time for a meeting, consistent delays, excuses, and not one professional item of use was produced by Patrick in the ten weeks our campaign dragged out for. We have been left with no crowdfunding campaign, no contacts, no leads, no social media, no press, nothing but a $700+ fb ad bill 0 which after inspection we realized was not even managed - yup three weeks of ads with not one edit, optimization, or re-target - oh and FB pixel wasn't even set up...so money to the wind. Patrick failed to professionally manage not even one single contracted item, oh wait, sorry, there was a targeted media list he paid someone on fiverr to get for us...so don't know whether that counts!?

And despite confirming a refund, there is no surprises this hasn't materialized also.

As a result, our organization has been set back an entire 6 months. The business is on a knife edge, and we have to look at an emergency business loan to cover the delays and damage this con artist has created, which will take over a year to rectify.

I am only on here to tell the tale so that others do not make the same mistake. Please if you are looking at working with an agency to market your crowdfunding campaign. Do your research, get references, read the forums. Please do not make the same mistakes we made.

If anyone has had any further experiences with Patrick and Crowdco.co please let me know, I am interested in hearing about other incidents as we will be seeking legal counsel on the matter, and if there are more similar cases, which I am sure there are, then we may be able to front a class action to resolve other disputes at the same time, and hopefully stop this business from operating their false practice once and for all.

• charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: A WARNING...and a sad story. Don't work with Crowdco.co...

by charli55 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:30 am

You wont be able to claim exemption if you sell the house in your name as the new house is in your wife name
    AbigailMcLeans
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by AbigailMcLeans » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am

Good afternoon, everyone. I had the same problem. Twenty years ago, renting land cost very little, but today it costs a lot of money. And since I could not lower the price, I decided to take advantage of the mortgage, only where to find a profitable mortgage, and then my old friend advised a site that delves into your situation and quickly clearly selects a mortgage convenient for you. I'm talking about Mortgage Advice Cardiff. The site is responsive and its interface is very light and even a child will understand it. Although the site is foreign, I did not have any problems with it. This is by no means an advertisement, but only a recommendation for you. So I recommend this site to everyone and I assure you that you will be satisfied with the services of this company, but it's up to you.
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:28 am

AbigailMcLeans wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am Good afternoon, everyone. I had the same problem. Twenty years ago, renting land cost very little, but today it costs a lot of money. And since I could not lower the price, I decided to take advantage of the mortgage, only where to find a profitable mortgage, and then my old friend advised a site that delves into your situation and quickly clearly selects a mortgage convenient for you. I'm talking about Mortgage Advice Cardiff. The site is responsive and its interface is very light and even a child will understand it. Although the site is foreign, I did not have any problems with it. This is by no means an advertisement, but only a recommendation for you. So I recommend this site to everyone and I assure you that you will be satisfied with the services of this company, but it's up to you.
    Is there something more I should know before the purchase?
  • jogncartman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jogncartman » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:35 am

I agree that when choosing a company with which you are going to work, you need to check it carefully. To begin with, you should at least read the reviews of other customers, so that in the end you do not have a similar story and so that in the end you do not have problems. I have my own small company that works with people. We are constantly trying to improve and correct our shortcomings in order to meet the requirements of our customers as efficiently as possible. Recently thanks to https://www.egress-sys.co.uk/time-attendance-systems/ we have had a global update and now our services have become even better and optimized. I really hope that we can become even better in the future!
  • outlaw1985
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by outlaw1985 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:42 am

jogncartman wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:35 am I agree that when choosing a company with which you are going to work, you need to check it carefully. To begin with, you should at least read the reviews of other customers, so that in the end you do not have a similar story and so that in the end you do not have problems. I have my own small company that works with people. We are constantly trying to improve and correct our shortcomings in order to meet the requirements of our customers as efficiently as possible. Recently thanks to https://www.egress-sys.co.uk/time-attendance-systems/ we have had a global update and now our services have become even better and optimized. I really hope that we can become even better in the future!
    Yes, you're absolutely right. Btw, thank you for such a cool service, it really helped me a lot!
  • TPkickstarter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TPkickstarter » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:54 am

I am new on kickstarter and looking for the best options in terms of ads agency and would like to avoid getting this kind of situation. I feel so sorry for you adam!! I have been contacting some agencies I found as "successful" and one of them is BRAAG. I couldn't find any info here in the forums. Did anyone worked with them? Any feedback is much appreciated!!
  • MyoshiKnives
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MyoshiKnives » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:10 pm

We had exactly the same situation with Crowdco . They are a total scam. I am currently in legal proceedings against Patrick Calderon (the owner) and Crowdco. Don't deal with this company. They are scammers. They provide many promises on the contract and once your wire transfer is released they fail to deliver. The court date is currently set.

I suggest taking 10 minutes to read the following about crowdco. it will save you 3500$ and provide good information about crowdfunding campaigns.

crowdco-crowdfunding.org
  • System Masters
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by System Masters » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:28 am

Oh jeez... That's an awful situation. I feel absolutely terrible for you. Thank you for sharing your experience :-(
  • teamcrowdco
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by teamcrowdco » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:55 pm

To anyone reading this *** Ask for an OBJECTIVE REFERENCES*** you will get the real picture of what we do, and who we are. I am nothing close to what Adam claims. We honored a refund no questions asked! Adam, thank you for putting your two cents and making huge assumptions. Let’s start by telling everyone how we agreed to work with you and designed 12 different websites, made from scratch and customed for multiple languages, way out of out our term sheet and we didn’t say no, and we kept working on this without charging anything extra!!and also that we had weekly calls during our work. Which we always covered. We did have some mistakes and we took measures to avoid this from happening again. YOU and all the haters always create a very negative view of us. I founded Crowdco 12 years ago believing in helping startups turn their ideas into a real business. We have worked with more than 4K startups. I have personally helped companies get the branding they needed and funding to take their business to shark tank, target, Walmart and beyond. I decided to give you a refund in good faith because I am fair and have no resentments. Your startup was a hard sell and we did our best to get you funded. I am a father of two beautiful children, and last year I had to go through a very challenging time. Your comments are very one sided and far from the truth. It’s amazing how many people will come to this forum and have a biased opinion because of unethical posts like yours. I hope we can meet one day face to face and look you in the eyes and see what you have to say to me. Cowards hide online. I keep my truth and my work fueled by love. I know who I am and I have always been fair. But I don’t take this biased critiques lightly. We did our best and even with the pandemic upon us I was fair with you. Hope to meet you soon in person.