Desktop Software on kickstarter
  • milos
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Desktop Software on kickstarter

by milos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:32 pm

I don't see any desktop software on Kickstarter and I don't see category that would fit. It will be software for organizing and backing up files with different approach to any similar software.
    Does it belong to Technology category? Thanks!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Desktop Software on kickstarter

by sbriggman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm

I would place it in technology. Just make sure it follows guidelines: Kickstarter cannot be used to fund websites or apps focused on e-commerce, business, and social networking. Kickstarter cannot be used to fund software projects not run by the developers themselves.

More here: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/guidelines?ref=footer
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • milos
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by milos » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks for the advice!
    briantim
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by briantim » Mon May 16, 2022 12:51 pm

We always work with the group https://iwanta.tech/. We read about them from our colleagues talking to the group. You can request simple tasks on this page. The company has extensive experience in developing application platforms. He specializes in developing various applications and games. We take care of the registration process. Let's move forward with the team.
    ann5
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ann5 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:29 pm

Thanks for the advice!
    AlexanderJefferson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AlexanderJefferson » Sat May 06, 2023 6:46 pm

I stumbled upon this post and thought it'd be a good idea to revive this thread. It definitely seems like it could fit under the Technology category on Kickstarter. Also, if you're looking to improve the quality and efficiency of your software development, you might want to consider using automated API testing tools. These tools can help you quickly and easily test your APIs, catch bugs, and ensure that your software is working as intended. Plus, by automating the testing process, you can save time and resources that would otherwise be spent on manual testing.
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by jassiet.ross » Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:58 am

You're right that Kickstarter can sometimes be a bit tricky for finding specific categories. For desktop software like the one you described, which focuses on organizing and backing up files with a unique approach, the Technology category is definitely a fitting choice. It covers a broad range of tech-related projects, including software. If you’re looking for more specific exposure, you might also consider adding tags or keywords related to "Software" or "Productivity Tools" when you set up your Kickstarter project. Good luck with your project—I’m sure it’ll catch the eye of many who are looking for innovative solutions!