How to protect an investor's encroached financial interests?
  • crowd attorney
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How to protect an investor's encroached financial interests?

by crowd attorney » Mon May 18, 2020 10:27 am

There is an essential question to all the investors who, at this moment, are wondering whether they will levy their invested fund, what course of action should be taken to usefully protect their encroached financial interests. There is a solution!

1. First and foremost, the crowdfunding platforms' unlawful actions can not be seen as an ordinary business risk that the investors should bear. This assumption provides that the investor is still entitled to the compensation for the damages suffered thereof.

2. There are strong indications that this specific segment of services will soon be thoroughly regulated and monitored within the EU, for instance, the European Commission has prepared a proposal for a Regulation on European Crowdfunding Service Providers (ECSP) for Business.

In Latvia, the law enforcement agencies in the last two years have been keen on investigating several leads of fraudulent activities of these platforms, which could signify that certain cooperation is possible, and the law enforcement agencies are up to the task to do so investigate these cases. Therefore, one approach would be to initiate criminal proceedings.
    More tellingly, it is useful to do everything reasonably possible to secure the investors' claims by requesting the court to apply interim measures not only against the platform in question but also against the individuals controlling the platform. Only timely pro-active conduct could lead to the actual recovery of the embezzled fund.

In case if some questions arise, do not hesitate to contact me!

• charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How to protect an investor's encroached financial interests?

by charli55 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us. Really useful, especially nowadays
  • PenelopeEllison
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by PenelopeEllison » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Totally agree, very useful. I know a lot of people who invested money and lost them at all. It is really said that nowadays we still have such kind of people who create such traps, sadly... That is why I always say that it is very important to invest in financial knowledge 'cause a smart person won't believe fairytales. I have a friend who has a company that is working with sweets and wanted to Enrich the lives of the people with whom he is working. He found a company which helped him to refresh their knowledge in financial questions and now he feels better 'cause he is working with professionals. So better inform yourself always.
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:02 pm

This is often a question I encounter. How backers can protect themselves or how can they identify if a project is fraudulent.
    I'm very interested in seeing how this will play out. Will it change something for creators on the platform? For backers?
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • teslastar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by teslastar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:59 pm

Personally, when we're talking about such important matters, I would always suggest talking to professionals in the field. It's the road I took a few years ago when I was struggling to keep my business afloat. Since then this company http://www.riseprivate.com/ has been by my side helping me and my firm develop the way I wouldn't have been able to on my own. One misconception that I see a lot of people have about financial advisors is that you need to be wealthy or have a successful business to be able to seek their advice, which is so far away from the truth. It's even more important to have a professional's opinion when you're struggling with money.
  • Bedivir
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Bedivir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:20 am

teslastar wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:59 pm Personally, when we're talking about such important matters, I would always suggest talking to professionals in the field. It's the road I took a few years ago when I was struggling to keep my business afloat. Since then this company http://www.riseprivate.com/ has been by my side helping me and my firm develop the way I wouldn't have been able to on my own. One misconception that I see a lot of people have about financial advisors is that you need to be wealthy or have a successful business to be able to seek their advice, which is so far away from the truth. It's even more important to have a professional's opinion when you're struggling with money.
    My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks!
  • AlexWilliams
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AlexWilliams » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:16 pm

teslastar wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:59 pm Personally, when we're talking about such important matters, I would always suggest talking to professionals in the field. It's the road I took a few years ago when I was struggling to keep my business afloat.
    I was about to recommend the same thing. I've worked with a professional and it's completely different than working alone and trying to manage your money.
  • Grutt
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Grutt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:25 pm

Do you think so? My wife also tells me to contact the financial advisor, but I was supposed to do everything independently. I thought it would save money. Although I'm beginning to doubt it - it takes me so long to figure out the details. Because of this, I often stayed late at work. I think your advice is reasonable. With the help of a professional, it'll be possible to attract more money to the business. You need to protect your interests using knowledge. When you don't have it, you need to cooperate with professionals and learn from them. Thank you for your valuable lesson. I hope this will also help me overcome the difficulties in my company.