Children's Books and Brothers with a Purpose
    Ed Ehlers (Just Act)
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Children's Books and Brothers with a Purpose

by Ed Ehlers (Just Act) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi,

Ed, Max, & Tucker and we launched about a week ago. We are creeping along. Would love any thoughts or ideas folks may have. I will return the favor.

Teaching children to "Just Act!" Imagine the story you will inspire!"

Thank you and if this is not the right place for this, please let me know as I am new to this.

Thanks,

Ed

Australian Shepherd brothers, Max & Tucker, heroes of Max & Tucker Adventures, help rescue animals in the woods of Northern Virginia.

It started with a simple trip to the woods, like most weekend mornings. It turned into a series of children’s books and affiliations with local non-profit organizations.

Max & Tucker, Australian Shepherd brothers, helped rescue, foster and find a forever-home for two little abandoned puppies and on another occasion helped rescue a stranded deer. Their stories are captured in the children's books Lily & Lucy: An Easter Story and Deer Oh Deer: A Max & Tucker Adventure. Proceeds are donated to the Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation and Wildlife Rescue League respectively.

Max & Tucker are now registered therapy dogs who visit schools, libraries, assisted living facilities, day care facilities and more to share their adventures. They are regular visitors's at Brightcare Center, a community day program, and at a residential treatment program for youth in crisis. All visits are volunteer and all the petting is free.

Keep an eye out for Max & Tucker and their new adventures and remember, “Just Act. Imagine the story you will inspire.” and “Those we rescue, really rescue us."

• ronanezekhiel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Children's Books and Brothers with a Purpose

by ronanezekhiel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Nancy Mazarin is a Nutrition Consultant with a private practice in Great Neck, Long Island. She has a master’s degree from Columbia University and is a Registered Dietitian. Once credentialed, she opened her practice to the Long Island Community. She has practical every day solutions from over 30 years of working with Long Island health professionals and patients and a full spectrum of medical conditions.
  • MackenziePhil
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MackenziePhil » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:00 am

This is so nice! My son loves reading books, especially about animals and heroes, and adventures. And if a book is about hero animals, that’s even better. He actually wrote a story about an incident that happened a few weeks ago in our yard: a raccoon trapped in a tree hollow. We tried setting it free, but it was kind of aggressive, so we had to call my son’s heroes - the wildlife removal guys - to help the little guy get out of that hollow. They also helped us in the past with other incidents. Here they are, just in case: https://tampa.aaacwildliferemoval.com/
  • Rezzonto
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Rezzonto » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:43 am

I understand you, my brother and I also loved very much in childhood when our parents read us books. I still know many of them by heart.
  • Grutt
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Grutt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:14 am

My husband and I collect children's fairy tales from different countries. My son is still too little to read on his own, so every night we read him a new fairy tale. And most of all, he likes stories about magical heroes. Unfortunately, not all books can be found in print but it is not a problem for us. I can download thousands of high-quality PDF textbooks and fairy tales with pictures on my ebook. I think in the future, we will definitely collect our favorite books in the collection, the main thing is that they teach the child good qualities.