How to overcome mid-campaign slump?
  • elesp100
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How to overcome mid-campaign slump?

by elesp100 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:47 am

Hey everyone,

I was recently brought on by SWAV, a fashion start-up out of Southern California. We design a premium men's brand of underwear (with plans to eventually to expand to undershirts, socks, women's line, etc) and launched our KS campaign three weeks ago (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/swa ... erachiever). First of all, our campaign is quite ambitious as we are asking for more money than most other fashion KickStarters. That being said, we have already found much success and received a lot in the way of donations and support. But here we are, just under two weeks to finish the rest of our funding and we have slowed down further than I would be comfortable with. Everyone throughout the company has tapped into every network that they are apart of and put in a tremendous effort to spread the word about SWAV. What strategy(ies) can a young start-up follow to ensure a successful campaign?

Thank you so much for any advice!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How to overcome mid-campaign slump?

by sbriggman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:54 am

Hey! Congrats on the 26k so far! That's awesome :).

I wrote an article a little while ago on the Kickstarter Slump that might be helpful. Let me know if it is: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/kickstarter-slump/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • elesp100
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How to overcome mid-campaign slump?

by elesp100 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 am

@sbriggman, thank you for the reply!