Discovering the "poor college student"
  • macgoer31
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Discovering the "poor college student"

by macgoer31 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Hey guys! So, this idea of the "poor college student" - REAL. I am in Graduate School right now and not only do I have to pay for everything, it's 100% impossible to have a job at the same time because of what the professors expect of you (THEY ARE NOT GOING TO JUST HAND YOU A MASTERS DEGREE YA KNOW?!?!)

My passion in life is singing and playing my Ukulele. I have a heart desire to be discovered someday, and maybe even get an album released. I'm not in it for the money, but as a student and a budding musician, it takes TIME to play, TIME to be an artist, and that time is usually filled with work. My current campaign goal is $1000 starting out to fund my first music release. As an artist, I am very new the whole money aspect, but albums cost $$$ to make and $$$ to continue, and college takes all your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. lol

So I am campaigning through GoFundMe
    https://www.gofundme.com/college-studen ... campmgmt_w

and I hope that I can get people interested in my music. Links to my youtube channel are in the link so that you can get a SNEAK PEEK of my music! <3

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Discovering the "poor college student"

by Cristina » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:08 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    KylieShorta
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by KylieShorta » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:53 pm

Can you tell us more about this?
  • Welfyn
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Welfyn » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:16 pm

The campaign is no longer active or the link is broke?
  • peacekeeperman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by peacekeeperman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:34 pm

I wait for more details about this story. I advise you to think about your future profession. There are already many professions in the world, and every year there will be more and more of them. Choose a profession to your liking. Let's say I love medicine and have looked for medical courses before. Until now, I will not forget how I was looking for high-quality medical courses for almost six months. Most of all I enjoyed studying in the Caribbean https://www.trinityschoolofmedicine.org ... l-rankings. Very good and not time consuming schools.
  • Bedivir
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Bedivir » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:14 am

I totally support you!
  • bismarc123
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by bismarc123 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:22 am

Yes! Manifest your dream, do music and make your dreams come true! The school doesn't get you far in life. We're caught in a rat race as Robert Kiyosaki would say. In order to succeed you need to risk everything. I'm sure in the end it'll be all worth it. Everything will fall into one piece. Your GoFund idea is really good. I might suggest you when you will graduate, hold a concert. Sorry, I mean, give them the best concert :D You'll also raise money this way. Not to mention that it'll be such a beautiful experience for your college, classmates, friends. Maybe you'll even give some candy lei to your soulmate and live happily ever after, haha. Have faith :) You never know how life can change.