OVOO - First bbq that generates electricity. (KS July 18)
  • nablatherm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

OVOO - First bbq that generates electricity. (KS July 18)

by nablatherm » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi,

First of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Albert, an engineering doctorate with a spinoff company called Nabla Thermoelectrics ( http://www.nablatherm.com/ovoo/ ).

I just wanted to share with you a project that our company is launching next month, OVOO, a portable fireplace that transforms heat into electricity. It is engineered to power lights and charge portable devices for people who live in off-grid households, mountain shelters, campers, and barbecuers. This is something you haven’t run before.

Videos of how it works

Pre-orders will be available from next July through Kickstarter crowdfunding platform.

Living in a remote location doesn’t have to mean living without power anymore.
    Hope you like the project!

Follow us on
    Twitter (https://twitter.com/nablatherm),
    Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/nablathermoelectrics/)
    Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/nablatherm/)
    Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/company/nabla-thermoelectric/)

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: OVOO - First bbq that generates electricity. (KS July 18

by hyperstarter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Cool, but what are you looking for us on the forum to do?

If you want signups, then just ask them to go to your landing page. I think OVOO sounds great, esp if you trgeting outdoors/off the grid types.

Let us know if you need any prelaunch advice.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • nablatherm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by nablatherm » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:52 am

Hi hyperstarter,

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to share our campaign with the community :D, but any advice would be great for us.

An important issue we are facing now is to determine when is the right moment to launch the campaing, how many backers, mail list, followers...??? Should we wait a little longer? What would you recommend?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 am

I'd recommend you use our services haha.

But I think it's better you launch knowing that you've got X number of potential backers ready on Day 1, friends + family support (they don't have to buy OVOO but could support you in other ways), build up buzz and get people excited in what you're doing...then this is the best way before you go live.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:20 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • JamesB
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JamesB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:57 pm

That is a really cool idea! Pretty cool! :D
  • Blowmberg
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: OVOO - First bbq that generates electricity. (KS July 18)

by Blowmberg » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:45 am

Wow, this idea is cool, Wish you luck. A perfect thing for me, as I have to charge my phone all the time.
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:49 am

Yeah, this would be a nice one, I haven't seen it on the market, is this available? I would buy one, as I have always been disconnected from the electricity. It would be nice to have such a device to charge the phone or other useful things when my light is down. To be honest, It would be much better to deal somehow with my electricity supplier, but I am afraid this is not possible. Somebody told me I can change this supplier to a private one. More than that I can change it really easy and I won't have to much to do with all that. As far as I know I have to use the usave.co.uk service for that. The only one thing that I will have to do is to give them my postal code and to choose from the available suppliers in the area. They will take care about the rest. With all that, I would definitely buy a bbq like this one, it seems to be really cool
    BigSamoz
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by BigSamoz » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Is it still available? It is the first time I hear about a barbecue generating electricity. I would be interested in knowing more about it. I think that the barbecue is my second love, after my family. I love cooking it, I love eating it, and I enjoy organizing bbq parties at home. By the way, my wife knows how much I enjoy the bbq, so she ordered a barbecue gazebo shelter for me. I believe this is one of the best gifts I have ever received.
    Rougdab
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Rougdab » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:29 am

BigSamoz wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:09 pm Is it still available? It is the first time I hear about a barbecue generating electricity. I would be interested in knowing more about it. I think that the barbecue is my second love, after my family. I love cooking it, I love eating it, and I enjoy organizing bbq parties at home. By the way, my wife knows how much I enjoy the bbq, so she ordered a barbecue gazebo shelter for me. I believe this is one of the best gifts I have ever received.
    I was looking for cheap gazebos for my work. thank you dude)