"The Monstar Movie" short film
  • Thomas1901
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

"The Monstar Movie" short film

by Thomas1901 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and my current campaign here! For the past year or so, I've poured my heart and soul into my upcoming film, "The Monstar Movie". Currently, I'm putting together a fundraising campaign to help furnish the final tools needed to complete the film.

About the film

The Monstar Movie follows Jake, an openly gay teen, who's been transformed into a monster on Halloween night. The film takes a few colorful twists and turns as the newly transformed Jake ravages everyone in his path and ultimately finds himself in Hollywood’s biggest underground party.

The Monstar Movie takes inspiration from the colorful fantasy/horror films of the 1980's and attempts to create an 80's revisionist style all it's own. Think “Thriller” meets “The Labyrinth”. Conceptually, The Monstar Movie aims to shed some light on the issue of homophobia within the gay community.

I've had enormous amounts of support on this project and it's become a labor of love for everyone involved. Now that The Monstar Movie is in the final days of production, I'm hoping to spread the word about the campaign to ensure that The Monstar Movie is completed.

The Campaine kicks off on Sep 30 and if you could please visit the Facebook page and spread the word by telling your friends and family. And of course, you're welcome to donate on Kickstarter as well once it goes live.

FB: Facebook.com/TheMonstarMovie