You Think You Know the Story-Short Film
  • cinema2108
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

You Think You Know the Story-Short Film

by cinema2108 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:06 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... y?ref=live

You know the town. You know the house. You know the family. You know the story. But do you?

You Think You Know the Story is a short film that explores the "normal" family dynamic. Seemingly normal individuals harness dark secrets that they carry for part of or all of their lives. Sometimes these secrets are uncovered and sometimes the individual takes his/her secret[s] to the grave. This short film is designed to challenge the way individuals judge one another in society. I want this short to catalyze the discussion for the reexamination of the methods by which an individual is judged and valued. Sometimes the most vulnerable individuals find themselves in circumstances that seem grimly hopeless, circumstances brought about by the dark secrets and obsessions of those around them. I want this short to give a voice to those individuals who find themselves stuck in situations that they are unable to circumvent. I want this short film to give a voice to the voiceless.

I have written this screenplay in a wholly unique and unnerving perspective that is designed to constantly challenge the preconceptions of the viewer. The script is 9 pages and translates to between 10 and 15 minutes in length. I have decided to not release an extended synopsis of this short film beyond the tag line as I want the film to be seen without any biased preconceptions from the viewer. In other words, I want this film to catch the viewer completely off guard.

Please be sure to check out my Kickstarter page! I really appreciate the time and support! Thanks!

Thanks again,
    Cody

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... y?ref=live

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: You Think You Know the Story-Short Film

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Hey Cody. I agree not being able to know the plot kind of puts you at a disadvantage when raising funds from strangers, though it might not from your local community, as they know you and your talent well enough.

One way you could get over this is to explain what you have accomplished in the past with short films or screen plays, any awards or recommendations, etc. It shows you have the ability to pull it off.

You could also compare the film to other types of shorts or the genera to give people an idea of whether or not they would like it. Maybe include a few youtube samples.

Another idea to help make the campaign text more scannable is to break it up with headlines like "Who am I?" "Where will the funds go?"

More about this: www.crowdcrux.com/copywriting-tips-for- ... ter-pitch/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.