We are far off but still in the thick of it.
    trexrell44
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

We are far off but still in the thick of it.

by trexrell44 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:17 am

Hello Kickstarter forum. I just want to share my experience with all of you here. I want to let everyone know what has worked and what I feel could set a project for failure.

My project is no doubt one of the best of its kind. We had made so many mistakes in the beginning that we are paying for it now. I honestly think that we would have way more funding if we had done the right things to begin. Our friends and family have not pledged which was completely foreseeable. If we had convinced them at the beginning that serge of backers would have lift us way beyond where we are now.

One of the things that has really worked out for us was pledging on other similar projects. When we contacted those creators we have had a serge of backers come from 2 other projects. Same as cross promotion.

I really like what we were able to do on reddit. We were able to engage with our direct fan base and find out what they liked or didn't like about our game.

I want to take everyone on a journey with us as we reclaim our project and try to get it funded before our pledge period is up. The things that I am going to try to do is contact more media large or small. Increase updates on Kickstarter page. I really want to engage our backers as much as possible and try to inspire them to get others to pledge. I believe it is not over until you say it is. Anything you desire is worth way more than hard work. Follow us and see how this all works out. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wh ... ns-revenge

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: We are far off but still in the thick of it.

by sbriggman » Thu May 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Thanks for sharing some advice and lessons you've learned!

One of the things that has really worked out for us was pledging on other similar projects. When we contacted those creators we have had a serge of backers come from 2 other projects. Same as cross promotion.

Very cool. Yea - Definitely think reddit is a super valuable community to get engaged with early on.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    trexrell44
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by trexrell44 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Last night I went on a email spree and landed a pretty solid article. Either I did or another one of our fine backers. Engaging your backers with good updates seem to be good for increasing pledges. Lets see how this goes and maybe I can share how to build up a slow project into a funded one.

http://cliqist.com/2014/05/15/celestial ... elf-apart/
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri May 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Awesome! Just tweeted out the article on @kickstartforum
    trexrell44
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by trexrell44 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Awesome! Thanks I have recently done an update and we are starting to have some fun. I think at this point that is what we are going to do and hopefully our backers will feel that energy. Somehow :) . I really like talking about my project and sometimes that feels better to know that others are that interested in it. Rather than actually getting funded. I do want to get funded though :D.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu May 22, 2014 2:57 pm

You guys really have awesome artwork. Do you plan to run another campaign if you don't meet your goal or will you still complete the game if you don't get funds via Kickstarter?
    trexrell44
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by trexrell44 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:40 pm

We are more than likely going to run another campaign. We had a rough start this time. We are still getting backers but the way we began put us in a tough spot. We are still trying though. We don't quit. This is something we really want to do beyond anything else. Although it is very hard work and very time consuming we really love it.