The Owosso Harpist - The Harp Album Kickstarter
    owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

The Owosso Harpist - The Harp Album Kickstarter

by owossoharpist » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Hello everyone. First time posting here. please to meet you all.

It's been almost a year since I tried crowdfunding. I started crowdfunding in June of last year, and yet I'm still unable to get my projects fulfilled no matter what platform I used and how much money I spent. Here's my story.

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of playing on a concert grand pedal harp of my very own. To this day I still do! But unfortunately the only thing that's hindering me from buying this heavenly musical instrument is its gross price tag which is ranged to 5 digit status. The concert grand pedal harp costs between $10,000 to a whopping $250,000 depending on make and model. And I come from a very low income background that only allows me to raise funds enough to pay the rent, get groceries, and pay bills. If you want to know more about My Harp Story background, check out this article I wrote which tells you about it.

http://dinoharpist.blogspot.com/2014/03 ... of-my.html

I took to doing fund raising concerts, online fundraising, even trying to build credit to get a loan, I turned to people for help, I post on my blogs asking for help, nothing I do or did gave me any substantial results! :x So I turned to crowdfunding for better results.

First I turned to Indiegogo and did my absolute best to drum up support for my concert harp campaign. I spread the word about it on FB and spent hundreds of dollars on advertisement... but it didn't work out. I had to use all my donations and monthly checks from social security to pay off all my credit card bills and close them all. I could never afford to use credit cards any more.

Well, after a brief break I decided to turn to Kickstarter for better luck. Since KS only allows temporary projects like making albums and publishing books and is the most popular of all crowdfunding platforms, I had to resort to create a project called The Owosso Harpist - The Harp Album. It's a project to raise funds to record my first harp album in the comforts of my own home. I made out my budget which covers the costs of shipping rewards and paying KS and Amazon fees and came up with $15,000 to be raised, which is enough to do recording sessions, pay for fees, ship rewards, and others.

The $15,000 will allow me to kill two birds with one stone. Buy my own concert grand harp and record the homemade album which is made up of gospel and Celtic tracks played on the harp. Then sell the CD to anyone interested in my music.

As of now I have only 9 days to go in my campaign and only $210 have been raised. I'm offering 11 rewards from free MP3 downloads to a copy of one of my free-handed drawings I made. I can sure use your help to improve my campaign in a big way. I want my campaign to succeed and be done the right way. Here's the URL to my campaign

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... harp-album

You can also find my campaign URL in my banner signature. Check out my KS and tell me what I need to do to improve my chances of getting my campaign fully funded if any.

I'll keep everyone up to date on how my campaign's going.

owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: The Owosso Harpist - The Harp Album Kickstarter

by owossoharpist » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:25 am

Unfortunately, I decided to cancel my campaign with only 7 days left and no substantial results have been made. Probably the reason is because I was asking way too much and I need to revamp my campaign to set a much less goal than 15K. So I canceled my campaign and plan to relaunch it again this weekend, likely on Easter, with perhaps a $5,000 goal or less. That'll have a much better chance of succeeding than what I've asked before. If or when this project is fully funded, I'll set up a stretch goal I think everyone will like. Maybe have it to where I'll ask my backers to help take the goal to 10K or more. Than I'll be able to buy a concert grand harp, then record my first CD. I'll let you know when my campaign gets relaunched, ok?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:51 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Have you considered getting a bunch of musicians together to purchase the harp that might also be interested in using it?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by owossoharpist » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:55 pm

No, I haven't consider that. In fact I haven't thought about it at all. Something I'll have to think about. Getting musicians together to purchase the harp is a great idea if I know of some people who's willing to do that.
  • AleVilaplana
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AleVilaplana » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:54 pm

I like the music on it, I hope you can get it back soon, Good luck!
    owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by owossoharpist » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Thanks! I will.
    owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

The Owosso Harpist Harp Album Kickstarter is now LIVE!

by owossoharpist » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm

It's now official. My third attempt to launch a successful Kickstarter project is now LIVE. The goal is set at $3,000 to be raised in 50 days. My goal is to raise $3,000 to record my very first harp CD in the comforts of my own home. If this campaign gets fully funded much earlier than June 10th, I'll proceed to do a stretch goal and ask everyone to help raise 10K to purchase a pre-owned concert grand pedal harp I'll use to record my CD. Here's the updated URL to my project. Hope it's a modest size goal that easy for everyone to help me raise.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... harp-album
    owossoharpist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by owossoharpist » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Latest Update to my Kickstarter is just posted. Here's an MP3 I made of a very famous classical piece from Ludwig Von Beethoven called "Ode to Joy". Click the link below to hear it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... sts/824663