The Highwayman - A graphic adaptation
  • Maeliss
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The Highwayman - A graphic adaptation

by Maeliss » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:54 am

Hi, I'm Maëliss and I'd like to introduce you to my first Kickstarter campaign for my first self-published book!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... adaptation

Originally drawn as part of my graphic design Master's thesis, this is a revisit of Alfred Noyes' beautiful narrative poem "The Highwayman" which has always held a special place in my heart.

I came back to this project this year to rework the art to do justice to offer an improved reading experience.

I'm aiming to print 200 copies and I'm nearly halfway through! I'd be grateful if you decided to check it out and even share the word with people you think could be interested!

• MrPunch
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: The Highwayman - A graphic adaptation

by MrPunch » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:38 pm

Great work Maeliss, and I saw you smashed your target too! Well done, it's a beautiful piece!
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Highwayman - A graphic adaptation

by jassiet.ross » Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:12 pm

Congratulations on launching your Kickstarter campaign! The idea of reworking Alfred Noyes' "The Highwayman" into a graphic adaptation sounds amazing. It's such a classic poem with vivid imagery that should translate beautifully into art.

I just checked out your campaign, and the progress looks impressive. I love that you’re putting so much effort into enhancing the artwork to offer a better reading experience. I’m sure it will resonate well with fans of the poem and graphic design alike.

I’ve shared your campaign with some friends who I think would be interested. Best of luck reaching your goal—I hope you surpass it and get to see your beautiful project in print!