Soldier Bird - Flying Game with a Storyline and Multiplayer
  • clpride
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Soldier Bird - Flying Game with a Storyline and Multiplayer

by clpride » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share my Kickstarter. I released a prototype endless flyer version of this game last April to gauge interest on Android/iOS and it's been doing decently well. I intend to expand the game into something greater than just an endless highscore game. However, I'm a bit skeptical about Kickstarter in that it doesn't attract the niche audience for this type of game, so I'm already thinking this campaign is doomed to failure, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Let me know what your thoughts are and how I can improve this campaign. Thanks much!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162233492/soldier-bird-multiplayer-story-mode-for-ios-androi

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Soldier Bird - Flying Game with a Storyline and Multipla

by sbriggman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Regarding thoughts to improve it.... most Kickstarters I've come across require initial funds from friends and family to jumpstart the fundraising effort. It also provides a bit of social proof. If someone comes to your page and there are 0 backers and $0 pledged after four days, they may think something is wrong with it or that it's not worth supporting.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • clpride
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by clpride » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:53 pm

@sbriggman You're right on the money there. I even do that. Anyhow, I kind of wanted to keep my friends and family out of it because, honestly, begging family and friends makes me feel like that Tupperware or Avon lady who just won't go away. Lol. Anyhow, I'll try to approach it in a non-invasive way, as I do need as much help as I can get. Thanks for your feedback!
    buildingv
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by buildingv » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:10 pm

@ clypride,

This is my second time launching my project and the first time around was very difficult. I was very reluctant to ask friends and family for support because it can be embarrassing. I typed a very professional letter on letterhead and mailed it to them. I followed up with an email and/or text. I was able to get 11 backers from doing that. Obviously, my project wasn't funded, but it was nice to see the support from those friends/family members. This time around, I'm going to focus more on my book rather than my business.