Slow down in pace
  • ARHicks00
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Slow down in pace

by ARHicks00 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:58 pm

So far near 20% of my goal, but haven't got any new backers since yesterday. I'm advertising over facebook. I've reach nearly 5,000 people, but not getting anywhere with it. Currently, posting on other forums and social networks. I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Dark Souls is an awesome and unforgettable comic, be one of the many to get your first issue of 2014 best comic.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... dark-souls
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Slow down in pace

by Charles » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:52 am

Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • ARHicks00
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ARHicks00 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:56 am

Pretty slow as no one else is putting money towards it.
    Dark Souls is an awesome and unforgettable comic, be one of the many to get your first issue of 2014 best comic.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:51 am

ARHicks00 wrote:Pretty slow as no one else is putting money towards it.

It's going to get slower, before it gets faster, again, since we are headed into a weekend. But, your relaunched project is doing vastly better than your project that was cancelled. You are currently at almost three times as many backers (20 versus 7), and your pledges are almost six times what they were with the other project ($243 versus $41). And your current project's funding goal is only half of what the previous project's funding goal was.

Your average pledge per backer is twice what it was with the other project. Your average per day, in terms of pledges, is running 18 1/2 times greater, now, than before. The number of shares for your project is almost 6 1/2 times what your previous project had - and at a much earlier point in your campaign.

You are in excellent shape, right now, whether you realize it or not.

Your current project doesn't have seven days left. Rather, it has more than seven full weeks left. If you will simply keep sharing it, and not with copy and paste type repeats of the exact same thing, but with your thoughts expressed out about various aspects of this project, you will blow past your project goal. Your new goal is far easier to achieve than the previous goal. You are $743 away from reaching your goal, at present. That really isn't a mountain to climb, in Kickstarter terms.

Focus on quality updates, quality shares. By that, I simply mean, when you talk about your project, share things of substance. Don't do little quick blurbs. Instead, this is your chance to tell people about anything and everything associated with your project, and your hopes for this whole world of comics that you are creating. They can read your project page. Give them stuff - insight - into things that aren't on your project page. Elaborate. If your project's story is worth telling, then tell it. The story of your project is not the same thing as the story within the tale that will appear in this particular comic book.

Do some video updates, also. The more that you do it, the better that you will get at it, and the better that you get at it, the more persuasive that you will be. The more persuasive that you become, the more likely that people will connect with what you are saying, and with what you are talking about. It will also serve you well for any future projects.

Do more frequent updates. Encourage people to leave comments or questions in the comments section. Updates and comments play a role in very successful projects. Those areas are opportunities that you can tap into. Many project creators never bother.
  • ARHicks00
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ARHicks00 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:40 am

Yeah no one has touched a post in Facebook, advertisement, twitter, or twitter advertisement. Not a single click or like. I even did the informing of my comic with Q&A opportunity and still nothing.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:50 am

ARHicks00 wrote:Yeah no one has touched a post in Facebook, advertisement, twitter, or twitter advertisement. Not a single click or like. I even did the informing of my comic with Q&A opportunity and still nothing.

Regardless, you're still in MUCH better shape than you were not so very long ago.

Assume that the weekends will be slow, or perhaps even dead. Don't fret them too much.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:33 pm

The weekend is over, and your project is nudging forward, again. You're at the 25% mark, with 49 days left in your campaign cycle.
  • Gareth Craven
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Gareth Craven » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Sometimes small hiccups can happen, don't worry about them, just keep working hard and you'll be rewarded.
  • ARHicks00
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ARHicks00 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:32 pm

I plan to do another twitter and facebook campaign, but this time primarily in North America.