PITCHIN - Real-time Voice-to-MIDI Trigger App on Android
  • TheCodeSorcerer
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

PITCHIN - Real-time Voice-to-MIDI Trigger App on Android

by TheCodeSorcerer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:58 pm

Hello, my name is "J" or aka "The Code Sorcerer", owner of esocodes.com and other websites. I'm an experienced professional software designer-developer with over 20 years experience and a plethora of diverse clients including government, medical, research, logistics and more.

After making all my prior clients just gobs and gobs of money, generally, with the software I made them and having absolutely no commission, cut nor ability to disclose nor compete and such I'd like to do something different this round. Hence, I created my first and only Kickstarter Campaign, called "PITCHIN"!

PITCHIN is the idea for a real-time monophonic pitch-to-midi trigger for non-stationary sinusoidal signals on mobile devices. Whaaaa??

Basically, you sing into your phone, it "transcribes" the note in real-time (within 30 milliseconds or less) and uses the note to trigger a synthesizer. In other words, control single notes on any musical instrument (of a synthesizer) with just your voice.

It is by no means a new idea or particularly anything innovative, aside from a prototype proof-of-concept "sandbox" app I shared on GitHub (GPL 2) being the first of its kind on Android devices.

Anyways, here is the landing page where you can read all about it:

https://esocodes.com/pitchin

I am essentially just getting this all going but will post updates on this thread and/or answer any questions, address comments and etc as time ensues.

Thanks for your time to check it out :)