Only $2k in 2 days - Sign of failure?
  • TAVOLO
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Only $2k in 2 days - Sign of failure?

by TAVOLO » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 pm

I'm way behind on my project, 2k does sound good.

• GetVisa
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by GetVisa » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Hey Charles, maybe my last comment didn't come up right. I thought there is some tension going on and just wanted to ease it off. Anyway I appreciate your feedback and if by my initial post I sounded like I am only only looking for yes or no answer then I want to take it back. I am looking for opinions/suggestions that can help me get traffic.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:36 pm

GetVisa wrote:Hey Charles, maybe my last comment didn't come up right. I thought there is some tension going on and just wanted to ease it off. Anyway I appreciate your feedback and if by my initial post I sounded like I am only only looking for yes or no answer then I want to take it back. I am looking for opinions/suggestions that can help me get traffic.

It's a non-issue. The thing is, if you want quality feedback, then conversations will tend to encompass many things - and some of those things may very well entail some details that you might consider to be not exactly what you are after.

Let me use myself and Kicktraq as an example. I haven't even created and ran a Kickstarter campaign, yet, but I utilize Kicktraq regularly. I do so, because I discern value to be derived from it.

Is Kicktraq a comprehensive treatment of your project? Nope. It's not that, for any project. But, it can be useful in various ways. Again, that's my opinion. Others may have opinions to the contrary. Ultimately, you have to be the judge of all of the information and advice that you encounter, so that you can make an informed decision for your project.

Your project hasn't entered the Dead Zone, yet. Perhaps it won't - but, many Kickstarter projects certainly do.

According to Kicktraq, your project is currently trending to 169% of goal. Now, that's not a prediction, just a trend. The trend will change, as you go forward in time. It may go up or it may go down, or a bit of both.

Your project is currently averaging $96 per backer. To me, that's pretty good, and thus, it's a positive indicator.

Kicktraq lists your project's number of shares at 71. That's not a lot. You want to get that number as high as possible. It's an indicator of how far and how wide word about your project is spreading. Thus, 71 isn't a whole lot, so that's a negative indicator - but, mitigating that is the consideration that this was accomplished over a period of only 3 days or so, which isn't terrible, but neither is it great.

Average daily pledges, thus far are $530. Your project needs an average of $281 per day, every day to meet its funding goal. So, currently, you're project is running about double what it needs to meet. Will this ratio persist? I doubt it, but again, your trend can and likely will change, going up and down.

Ultimately, you are after a crowd. You are crowd-funding. The number of shares is crucial to growing your crowd.

Kicktraq gives you a set of numbers. It is readily accessible. Ultimately, you can pick and choose which set of numbers from any particular source that you deem to be credible and useful, and disregard the rest.

From my perspective, your project image is terrible. It's not even in focus. Plus, your project page has visual elements that don't really reach out and grab me. But, nonetheless, you're making noticeable progress, just the same. Additionally, your project page is lacking, as far as social elements. Immigration is a people issue, but where are the people on your project page?

I think that immigration is a tremendously interesting topic. Your project page doesn't even tempt me to click on the video.

Immigration is a very hot political topic. That is to your project's potential benefit, as is the fact that it is an issue that impacts a lot of people in a lot of different ways, which is also to your project's potential benefit. It's up to you to exploit those potential benefits.

Your initial progress isn't bad. Your project has some early traction. That's good. Those are positive indicators.

The time to fret comes later, when your project plunges into the Dead Zone.
    Last edited by Charles on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Dremico Evans
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dremico Evans » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 pm

The title made me chuckle a little. I was thinking how can that be failing. Well a sign of failure is when you don't make your goal. You should just keep trying. It might be lack of exposure or your product is not good enough, like mine. Just keep improving your product or get more exposure. Set the appropriate time for your project too.
  • GetVisa
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by GetVisa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:27 am

Thanks Charles for providing such an in-depth analysis. I actually implemented few of your suggestions. I changed the project image and added a collage of people from different countries.

Hope it works to get some traffic.
  • GetVisa
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by GetVisa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:30 am

Thanks Dremico Evans for your comment. Will try harder to get more exposure.
    Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:01 am

GetVisa wrote:I think the conversation is changing its course from talking about my project to discussing why or why not kicktraq is good :)

That's social media for you :D You can try and steer a conversation, but you can't control it's direction!

Andy
    BumptoBaby

by BumptoBaby » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:07 pm

If my project got $2K in 2 days I'd be very happy. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, or so they say. There is still a good chunk of time so keep at it!
    http://kck.st/1ptmiZX A creative hand painted pregnancy countdown. A fun, beautiful way to follow baby's growth. A unique gift. Part art, part journal.
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Just have to keep pushing. Your're stats on the first day are promising. This is the momentum time in the beginning of your project. The more support, clicks and share you get, the higher you are up in the ranks. Don't focus on the negative, remember this is a full time job now and it should be your only focus if you want to be successful beyond your goal. BYW Kicktraq is just a prediction of what their program says not how much you are supposed to do. All campaigns start out with high goals on Kicktraq and then peter out as the campaign ages. Take a look at some other campaigns in your space on Kicktraq and you will see similar results as you have.
  • GetVisa
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by GetVisa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:41 pm

BumptoBaby wrote:If my project got $2K in 2 days I'd be very happy. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, or so they say. There is still a good chunk of time so keep at it!

Thanks bumptobaby and all the best for your project