My experience thus far (With out successful campaign).
  • Chris from natclo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My experience thus far (With out successful campaign).

by Chris from natclo » Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:55 am

Hi all,

We’ve been somewhat fortunate that our Kickstarter Campaign has gone quite smoothly. We managed to raise the money we needed within 24 hours and have steady sales still coming through with 2 weeks to go. I thought I would share some of my learnings with people who are looking to create a campaign.
    • 1. Bring a fan base. “You can’t expect people to find your product from day one. Bring in supporters to help kickstart the project.”
    • 2. Know your strengths and bring in others who can complement them.
    • 3. Block out the noise. Many people will offer their services but taking them all up can lead to financial strain.
    • 4. Back yourself. If you’ve done your due diligence and see an opportunity, go for it. Platforms like Kickstarter allow you to learn and try again if needed.
    The other one I would add is authenticity. I believe we were successful because we come from an honest place, where we have experience around what we are launching with this campaign. We’re not a fake brand launching on behalf of a factory, but a community and family launching a new product to shake up what is becoming the status quo in the clothing industry, which is to go cheap and opt for fast fashion.

Anyway, that’s my two cents. If you have any questions, please do let me know and I’ll help where I can.

Thanks,
    Chris from natclo
    Visit 'That One Tee' on Kickstarter now. - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/na ... w-zealand/
    Or our website, when it's live at https://natclo.shop

• Marlow
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: My experience thus far (With out successful campaign).

by Marlow » Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:07 pm

Solid tips, especially about building a fan base and staying authentic. That really does make a difference. Just a quick thought: make sure to keep engaging with your backers throughout the campaign. It’s not just about starting strong but keeping the momentum going.
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My experience thus far (With out successful campaign).

by jassiet.ross » Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:07 pm

Thanks for sharing your insights! It’s impressive that your campaign hit its goal so quickly and continues to perform well. Your points are spot on, especially the emphasis on building a fan base and knowing your strengths. Authenticity really does make a big difference—people can tell when a project is genuine, and that connection often translates into support.

One question I have is about how you built and maintained your fan base before launching. Did you use any specific strategies or platforms that you found particularly effective? Also, how did you handle managing the influx of support and communication during the campaign?