Is immigration such a boring topic ?
  • GetVisa
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Is immigration such a boring topic ?

by GetVisa » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I launched a campaign on Kickstarter 'GetVisa' for a mobile gaming app that is based on US immigration. The game explains the whole immigration process in a fun and informative way.

When I started working on this game, I was hoping a lot of people will be interested since every year hundreds and thousands of people apply for US visa and most of them face disappointment.
    But looking at the response I got, I am little puzzled now.
    Has the research I did that shows millions of people are affected by immigration issues all wrong? or have people accepted the fact that they are bound to face these issues and nothing can be done about it.

I would really appreciate your expertise to figure out the problem

Regards,
    GetVisa

RWP

Re: Is immigration such a boring topic ?

by RWP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Well before anythings said think of this. You could have the best project in the world, but if no one knows about it nothing will happen.
    I checked out your project and you have some progress and 29 days left! I think that if you have some people share your project (possibly your backers) you could definitely have a bigger chance of being successful. I also think that it's a pretty neat game!
  • GetVisa
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by GetVisa » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks for the comment RWP.
    I actually tried getting in touch with people who are affected by visa issues but didn't get any positive response from them and that made me think if people are actually looking for a solution for this problem?

Anyway thanks for your suggestion again. Will work on it.
    RWP

by RWP » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:15 am

Your welcome, I hope it will help you out if your backers do promote your project on their social media sites. It will definitely bring more traffic to your project and it will allow you to see who is more serious backers.
  • intellops
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by intellops » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 am

Don't get discouraged just because you showed the game to some people with actual visa problems and they weren't supportive. Anyone who is in the middle of a visa problem has more on their mind than playing a game -- especially a game about immigration! In fact, those people might hate the idea of an immigration game since it hits too close to home.

You will likely have more luck presenting the game as one that the average person would enjoy. Don't target the highly specialized class of people that are knowledgeable about immigration issues.
    BumptoBaby

by BumptoBaby » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:09 pm

I agree with intellops (I like the name btw). Just thinking if it were me, if I had immigration issues, the last thing I would want to do is play a game about it. I'd look at it as a game, games seem to get a lot of support and there are big gaming communities out there. Your concept seems unique, so it has the chance to be informative and unique.
    http://kck.st/1ptmiZX A creative hand painted pregnancy countdown. A fun, beautiful way to follow baby's growth. A unique gift. Part art, part journal.