I'm new to Kickstarter
  • werebestfriends
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

I'm new to Kickstarter

by werebestfriends » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:21 am

Hello all! I created a Kickstarter for my new YouTube project called "We're Best Friends" It will feature myself and my best friend Andrew. We've known each other for 5 years now. I met him by joining a band he was apart of. We played together for a few years, released a album and did some touring. Three years went by though and the others left leaving only Andrew and I left. We wanted to stay working with each other so we started brainstorming. We started a screen printing shop over a years ago. It's a fun hobby and we enjoy it but we are missing something out of it.

I have a Instagram account. About a year ago, Instagram started doing videos and Andrew and I decided to make a few. People loved them. They were begging us to make more. We want to expand now though from just 15 seconds. YouTube is the way to go.

I was just wondering if anyone had any background campaigning in the same area we are trying too. Any advice would be great

Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84 ... st-friends

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw9NBQ ... IjTH2273lQ

Thanks!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I'm new to Kickstarter

by sbriggman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm

One bit of advice is that typically for most projects, the first 20-30% will come from the creators' own social network of friends, family, and professional connections. You don't want strangers to come to your project and see that there are 0 backers.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:30 am

Your KickStarter page doesn't attest to very much thought and time put into crafting a visual impression for page visitors.

That said, your short video made me laugh. Looks like I'm your first backer.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • denthomp
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by denthomp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:51 am

Hi Guys have either of you got Facebook accounts? I see you don't have one linked on the Kickstarter page - I have found the majority of my backing has come from FB outside family and friends. I am not the biggest fan of FB but have to admit it's a really good way to reach more people. Best of luck :-)
    Kickstarter project: Greedy Fish
    www.thegreedyfish.co.uk