Hoping For Success
  • Shay
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hoping For Success

by Shay » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 pm

So I am on my first Kickstarter campaign, and well I haven't been super successful. Maybe I haven't put enough effort into it? What has everyone else done to attract backers, I have posted on Facebook, and I have a specific Author page. I suck at Twitter lol any help would be great appreciated!

Thanks!

• RICSB
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Hoping For Success

by RICSB » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 pm

First read every single post of HOWs. People all over are letting you know what they are doing. It is brainstorming at its best. List every possible avenue for promotion and don't discount anything, then devise a plan of attack. Yes, attack! This IS war, by golly. Don't shoot until you see the dollar signs in their eyes.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hoping For Success

by Charles » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Shay wrote:So I am on my first Kickstarter campaign, and well I haven't been super successful. Maybe I haven't put enough effort into it? What has everyone else done to attract backers, I have posted on Facebook, and I have a specific Author page. I suck at Twitter lol any help would be great appreciated!

Thanks!

Your campaign only has 45 hours left in it, so it is doubtful that it can be salvaged, by this point in time.

Keep this in mind, going forward. Even if you manage to drive traffic to your project page, that is only a part of the overall equation of championing a successful crowd funding campaign.

Your project page is boring. It is greatly lacking in visual stimuli. Even your project page is bland, almost faded. No sharp visual images of anything to stoke the imagination with. You didn't bother with a video, and you have no other photographs on display. No artwork. Visually, your project page is virtually dead.

You have a mass of text. No visual dividers. Just text.

Your project page lists a grand total of just 6 shares. The Kicktraq link for your site lists your project has having just two shares.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/760579 ... emembered/

So, the word didn't get out. You received one pledge from one backer, and that was only yesterday. Thus, nearly the entire span of your project, it has laid dormant. That's a humongous dead zone.

You've done two updates, and your project page has no comments in the Comments section. In essence, your project page is virtually devoid of indicators of life.

If you can write an epic series of books, then why can't you write epic bits and pieces to get people's attention?

You really need to rethink your approach. Your current approach is the embodiment of failure. Craft any new project page for future crowd funding undertakings from a new mold.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2