ABOUT THE GAME:
    Horror ARG puzzle genre.

OUR STATS:
    1. KICKSTARTER TREND

2. KICKTRACK STATS:

3. Steam + Forums

WHAT WE HAVE DONE:
    • We did 14 updates
    • Release in-game footage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-6rDMpFfZ8)
    • 3 Twitch AMA
    • 2 Interview with well know personality (producer of Cloud Chamber and Game Director of The Secret World)
    • Lots of Twitter and Facebook update
    • Bought ads on Facebook, kicktraq and other similar site
    • Cut a deal for a dedicated promo page on http://www.mmorpg.com/
    • Reddit and Imgur push

WHAT WORKED:
    • Our launch, we have prep the community before so we want strong at the start. The forums was setup 3 months before the KS campaign.
    • Our contest where we offer to draw the players as a characters: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/division66/the-black-watchmen-game-and-comic-book/posts/978302. That's the increase you can see around September 7th.
    • We realized that our steam crowd, our KS crowd and our Forums crowd are not all the same 200 peoples. So we started a mailchimp for the forums to bring more visibility.
    • We contacted all our linked-in account to get some help. (About 150 peoples that we felt close enough to ask for help)
    • Imgurl is probably our biggest surprised. It's a gamble, if you are lucky you'll get good people liking your album and you can get in the thousand, even ten of thousand views in matters of a day.
    • NO advertising campaign worked, including facebook ads, even if we had strong 2.5% click rate and more then 640 share of the KS page. (No conversion) All our conversion from facebook was in the first days before the campaign started. And we targeted people with interest Crowd-funding, game, puzzle, kickstarter, etc..

CONCLUSION:
    We are not out of the woods yet. So any campaign, promo, partnership idea is more than welcome. We are a small indie studio (4 Persons) and we put everything we had in this (house included). =) There is no turning back for us.

dylanmad

Re: Help: 64% out of 40k - 18 days to go

by dylanmad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:23 pm

I heavily empathize, percentage wise you're ahead but dollar wise your goal is far beyond my own. Best of luck. One thing I can say is that campaigns such as yours can benefit from huge upticks at the end, the last week. So you're not out of the woods, but you're not eliminated from the playoffs so to speak.
  • Anashel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Anashel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks! And if the post and the stats can help someone, it's great. And good luck Dylanmad for your project, if you need help, tell us!
    dylanmad

by dylanmad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm always up for backers and shares, my campaign runs until Sept. 30. It's in my sig, have a look if you're curious.
  • Anashel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Anashel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:23 am

Quick update : We are now at 93% of our goal with 8 days left. We also have been approved by Steam! :mrgreen:

The first yellow bar was a three day contest for a free add-on. (Comic book character) The second yellow bar was a corporate sponsor who join.

Thank you to everyone who helped us! =)
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:56 am

I like this image better:

Based upon your trend, it's hard to see this one not getting funded.

I liked the addition of the text on your project image that says, "THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN GREENLIT BY THE COMMUNITY!" That catches my eye quickly, when I look at it. I see that you have changed your project image. I was wondering how that has worked out for you, whether it seems to have made any difference at all to you, and what made you go with that specific image? Just curious, is all.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • Anashel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Anashel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 am

Hi Charles!

I did change the image as you suggested, 3 times. The last one worked better, we saw KS pledge rise from 15% to 20% of the global share.

Thank you again for this great advice!!!
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Anashel wrote:Hi Charles!

I did change the image as you suggested, 3 times. The last one worked better, we saw KS pledge rise from 15% to 20% of the global share.

Thank you again for this great advice!!!

Explain to me "global share," as you used it. Changing project images helped, which is a plus, of course. But, I want to better understand the numbers.

Also, I looked over that PM that I sent to you back on September 13th. At that time, your project had 246 backers and 651 shares, according to Kicktraq. Here it is, approximately nine days later, and your project has 293 backers and 752 shares, according to Kicktraq.

So, in that nine day time frame, your project has gained 47 new backers and 101 shares. Proportionally, you're gaining new backers faster than you're gaining new shares. Try to get your shares up to at least an even thousand. As word spreads, your project seems more than capable of gaining new backers. You just need to get the word out.

Also, I watched the project video again, last night, and I tried to see which other scenes in the video gained a noticeable increase in interest from me. Though the image size is different than Kickstarter uses for project images, here are four images that I felt my eye took a bigger increase in. I just include these for your consideration. If you have something that works, then generally speaking, if it's not broke, then don't fix it.

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Additionally, you might also want to consider utilizing more than one photo/still show in your project image. The grand purpose of the project image is, of course, to grab the eye, to put something there that will draw the eye to it. Whether it is pretty or not is largely beside the point. You want the person to wonder what's it about.

I'm not good at photo editing stuff, but I put together one example to give you an idea to run through your own head.

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Keep in mind, though, that the PLAY button for the video overlaps the center of the project image. It obscures whatever resides there.