Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?
    vertfromage
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?

by vertfromage » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:33 pm

Would love to hear if the process has been positive or negative so far! Feel free to answer one of these and share your project as well.

Hey, my project is due to launch on August 6th, it's called Math Dungeons, it's a mobile flashcard game to make learning math facts fun not frustrating.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... h-dungeons

- Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    I already knew a bit about marketing, but preparing this kickstarter has reminded me how complicated it is, I should have started sooner.

- What has been frustrating?
    Dealing with my own self doubts, my family/friends have encouraged me to "just put it out there" and get some users for a beta launch, but it's not perfect (hence the need for beta users) and I'm just one person trying to put together a kickstarter that looks good and do the marketing well. It's scary and despite my belief in the potential of my game I can't help feeling I'll fail in a miserably public way. But, I'm going for it anyways... if figure I made it to solve my own problems with making kids drill math facts, so even if I fail at kickstarter, I still have a lovely game that makes my kids happy to do their math drills.

- How did you motivate yourself daily?
    This is something I have to do, no matter how it turns out, and I'll do the best I can and see how the chips fall.

- Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    Depends how well, I'd like to make more mobile apps, but I wouldn't consider it a business until I was making at least a developers salary for myself, right now it's more of a passion project or a learning journey depending how you look at it.

- What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)?
    GIMP

• Daigo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Daigo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:11 am

We could not start a kickstarter campaign as they don't accept campings from India due to RBI rules. Sad but true. SO many Indian who want to start a campaign collaborate with overseas partners.
  • CustomIrishCoins
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CustomIrishCoins » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:02 am

Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    Yes I don’t think I realised before I started with Kickstarter how useful social media can be for getting your product noticed by the right people.
    - Have you gotten any backers you don't know?
    The majority, I made the decision early on to not ask my personal connections for support. This is risky but my thought process is I believe in the project, I know it will succeed. I can put it out there for the masses to get it funded.
    - What has been frustrating?
    Exposure can be problematic at times as some people/companies using Kickstarter have a whole lot of money already. You really have to keep at it everyday. Telling people your story and why they should care.
    - How did you motivate yourself daily?
    I wanted the campaign to succeed. It’s as simple as that. There are projects that get funded in a day or even quicker but most do not. If you want to make it you have to stay in engaged and motivated. I also believe if you really have a solid belief in your project this shouldn’t be hard.
    - Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    Yes, after the success of our first coin, The Kylemore Abbey Series we launched a small online business and began selling our products.
    - What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)?
    I like Kicktraq as it gives you a really good picture of the campaign and how it’s performing. Google Analytics is also important as you need to have as much detail as possible on what’s driving traffic and where your backers are coming from.
    IlluminatiConfirmed
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IlluminatiConfirmed » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:43 am

I miss out on all the cool Tarot projects...this one looked very well designed!
    IlluminatiConfirmed
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IlluminatiConfirmed » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:46 am

IlluminatiConfirmed wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:43 am I miss out on all the cool Tarot projects...this one looked very well designed!
    Wait, I was replying to a different thread I though, lol...sorry I think I got my wires crossed!
  • futurevisionworld
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by futurevisionworld » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:07 am

Hi Everyone,

We are excited to announce the launch of our new RS 3D Screen Protector. This 3D screen protector adopted Artificial Intelligence Algorithm, which provides accurate viewing distance judgement, instantaneous sight tracking and Artificial Intelligence smart 3D calibration.

All you have to do is to stick the protector on, download our application, start your mobile device and wait for a quick calibration.

With this newly-invented screen protector, you will be able to experience 3D technology ANYTIME, ANYWHERE without the need of any special 3D glasses or virtual settings

Support our Kickstarter and be one of the first to own this amazing RS 3D Screen Protector for less expense than when it officially goes on the market.

Back this project now
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... le-devices
    ==============================
    Future Vision Worldwide
    🖥 www.futurevisionworld.com
    ☎ +852 2361 1831
    📧 info@futurevisionworld.com

Follow us on Facebook👇🏻
    https://www.facebook.com/futurevisionworldwide
  • Phillip Donnelly
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Phillip Donnelly » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:09 am

So far so good! I just launched my first campaign and I am about a week in. I have been learning a lot along the way and still uncertain whether I will get the funding I need, although I am on track at the moment.

I think the most fun part of the experience so far has been the little adrenaline rushes I get when someone messages me or posts a comment, I love it.
  • The Pub Game
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by The Pub Game » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:45 pm

POSITIVE: The tools and resources to create the project page, and the systems that enable backing
    NEGATIVE: I feel that the first two days really make or break a project. If you don't do a load of clever pre-launch marketing and get all your friends to back it in the first few hours, it enters a catch 22 situation. More days into the campaign, the fact that it doesn't already have many backers means it doesn't see the light of day any more. The Kickstarter homepage only shows projects that are already doing well. Other backers, partners and even backer clubs only take projects seriously that already have lots of backers.

It seems that Kickstarter is maybe not the right place for video games and mobile apps, compared to board games and physical products. Apps are free to the end user so it's very difficult to issue rewards, because people know they can play for free anyway.

Anyway, we'll keep pushing as we really believe in the concept! A fun social networking game that breaks the status quo of toxicity, addictiveness and general destructivity of most conventional platforms.
    Check it out at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... rking-game
  • MohitSaini
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MohitSaini » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:34 am

Hi Everyone,

We are excited to announce the launch of our new product Bulby. Our campaign got fully funded and we are writing this to share our learning as well as share the project with you guys.

Bulby is a light and shadow game based upon design thinking. We launched this project as part of our mission to bring design thinking to K-12 education.

Parents are always looking for new creative ways for their children to play. And children love light and shadow.
    Bulby is a perfect combination of creativity and fun. Do you remember when we used to play with light and shadow as kids? Or how we even today make funny patterns in clouds☁️?

You must check Bulby out.

Bulby for kids | A game of ideas with light and shadow. Kickstarter link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bu ... e-for-kids

Our campaign got fully funded and our learnings from the campaign are:

1. Got to learn a lot of new tools on marketing and analytics to understand how the kickstarter campaign is monitored.

2. Got to learn that the organic traffic from the kickstarter community only turns up, when the page starts doing well on its own. Kickstater campaign needs a lot of marketing and PR effort.

3. Understood that Kids game on kickstarter is a very difficult category and get low traction.

Kindly consider supporting our campaign and share it with your friends and family.

Thank you.
  • FatalMoonManga
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FatalMoonManga » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:04 pm

It’s been touch and go really. Last two campaigns didn’t hit the goal, but this campaign I at least am talking to a very excited new fan. Raised more money than the last two campaigns at least. The most frustrating part is advertising on social media, people looking but not backing my project. It makes me really sad.

Here’s my project, script is free to read up to volume 2 chapter eighteen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fa ... =user_menu