Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negativ

by nomlinz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Nice work FatalMoonManga! It's definitely nerve-wracking to run a crowdfunding campaign, especially your first one!

Since you have a great deal of time left for your project, be sure to work on your daily to-do list every day :)
    1. Directly message backers after they back your project
    2. Launch advertising
    3. Launch a referral campaign
    4. Update your crowdfunding campaign page
    5. Outreach for cross-promotions
    6. Outreach to people who are likely to cover your project
    7. Run a Kickstarter Live /Reddit AMA/Facebook Live session
    8. Pay for backer-focused promotions
    9. Release stretch goals
    10. Create upsells and add-ons
    11. Streamline your rewards

Here's some additional detail for each step:

=====1. Directly message backers after they back your project=====
    One of the most incredible things about crowdfunding is that you get direct access to your backers (in the form of their email address on Indiegogo or direct messaging on Kickstarter).

This is like getting the keys to the kingdom.

With direct access to people who have backed your project, you can uncover so much information to drive momentum for your campaign.

From this you can find out – where they found out about your project, what they liked (or disliked) about the page (and where you can improve), if they know other people who might also like the project, if they’re some sort of “influencer” who would like to work with you to promote your campaign, what other types of projects they’ve backed before, what other feedback that they have… and so on. Again, there is so much information you can find out just by having that direct access to backers for your project, get creative and get asking!

To uncover all those gold nuggets, the first thing for you to do as a creator is to send backers a personalized message with the questions you’d like answered. A lot of creators do this by sending out a link to a survey. Here’s a template for you to use:

Hi there!

I’m [your name], the founder of [company name]. I wanted to reach out to say thank you for being an early backer for this project!

We want to make the best product for our backers. You can help us immensely by filling out this super quick survey: [survey link]

The survey helps us understand:
    1. How you heard about us, so we know how to reach and build a strong backer community;
    2. What you like most about our product and what can be improved, because your opinion matters to us.

Please click on the link to complete the survey as one of our earliest backers: – it’ll take less than 2 minutes: [survey link]

With thanks and gratitude,
    [your name]

From here, you have all the information you need to continue pushing on the right levers for your campaign.

If you see that everyone who has backed your project heard about you from Twitter, it’s definitely time to increase your Twitter efforts in order to get the word out.

If the majority of people have been requesting an additional color for your product, check in with your manufacturer to see what it would cost to produce an additional color. If it makes financial sense, it’s time to release a big fun update about how your product will now come in multiple colors.

If people are raving about your project in an open-ended feedback section, be sure to grab those quotes and blast it all over your social channels for that additional proof.

=====2. Launch digital advertising=====
    Once all your warm channels are accounted for from that first day of your campaign, be sure to start ramping up your advertising strategy to get more cold leads into your ecosystem.

The key to successful advertising is twofold:

2a. Find the right audience who will be interested in your project

To find the right audience, get into the psyche of your backer.

If you’re launching a short documentary about water needs around the world, think about who would like to watch that documentary. Go beyond the obvious “movie lovers” interest targeting that you can do with advertising.

Do they care about social justice?

Do they volunteer on a regular basis?

What books do they like to read?

What type of income do they make?

What line of work are they in?

Where in the country (or world) do they live?

Use your brainstorm here as the basis for creating your audiences. Come up with different audience buckets targeting different key interests. Test them against each other to determine which audience will convert best for our project.

2b. Entice them to consider backing your project with actual proof points

Remember, these are people who don’t know about your project and haven’t seen or even heard about you before.

What kind of information do they need to be convinced that you are where they should be spending their dollars?

Use proof points like quotes from famous influencers, how your campaign reached 100% funding in 24 hours, how your project has received some sort of industry award, how 5,000 people have already signed up to watch this documentary, and any other proof points you can come up with to convince that particular audience member.

This is getting a bit long for here so feel free to read the full article here! https://crushcrowdfunding.com/11-tactics-to-get-more-visitors-convert-more-backers-and-get-more-funding-for-your-crowdfunding-campaign/

Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • MaquiBerry
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?

by MaquiBerry » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Loved what you've shared.

Please follow through my pre-launch link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/na ... aqui-berry

Thanks,

Adriano
  • videojaguar
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by videojaguar » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:24 am

Interesting to read all of these past experiences.
    Image Video Jaguar: All-In-One Video & Social Media Marketing Solution
    :) Early backers get a lifetime commercial license - :!: Check out our Kickstarter page :!: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ti ... eo-jaguar/
  • DabsterEnt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DabsterEnt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:55 pm

So far positive but its day 1! What I did learn is don't count on friends and family build your audience.
  • Sadashiv
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Sadashiv » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:43 am

Well Sal, my experience has been POSITIVE.

This is a great platform to learn new marketing strategies and grooms you a lot.

My answers.

Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    A Lot

- Have you gotten any backers you don't know?
    Yes, many

- What has been frustrating?
    Cross promotions and waiting for replies from other project owners.

- How did you motivate yourself daily?
    Music

- Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    Yes, we are planning to launch a Cybersecurity E-Degree.

- What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)?
    Listing sites like Backerclub and others.

You all can check my project in the below link. (Cybersecurity E-Degree)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ed ... ref=dxue61

Thanks All. :)
  • MicheleMasin
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My new Project , Kid music book

by MicheleMasin » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:45 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... hele-masin

The Covid-19 epidemic is slowing down music education and the entire learning process of musical subjects.

My project gives everyone the chance to learn how to play guitar in an easy and natural way.

This book will also be beneficial for the parents in order for them to help their kids learn better

This Manual is produced for the purpose of effectively introducing guitar to kids ( 3 - 14 ) in an easy and effective way possible

It is designed to bring out the natural potential of the kid, starting from the first piece until the last. Each piece is composed to challenge their capabilities, in order to bring out promising results by the end of the book

Thank you everyone

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... hele-masin
  • _DinoDigital_
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by _DinoDigital_ » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Hey Guys,

Just to give a real short introduction:

I'm from India and I've started a small indie studio. Have collaborated with a great indie developer and we're trying to release our first game - Forgotten Fields - end of this year!

The game demo is live on the Steam Festival, request you guys to check it out here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1296 ... en_Fields/

We've also started our Kickstarter project, so if you like the game do back us here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... escription

The Kickstarter has been really slow so far :(
    We've been getting some amazing coverage, reviews and traction on social media but unfortunately none of that has been converting into backers. Anyone know why?
    Elivy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Elivy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 am

I haven't slept properly in a week, because apparently there is a LOT to do before you launch (next time I'll do prelaunch for a month) but, man, the experience is great! To see your creation interest others is the best feeling. Kickstarter itself is a bit confusing, still, but slowly I'm getting to know it. Haven't gotten to the bottom of it, but I have 38 days for the details lol
  • taskhopper
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by taskhopper » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:19 pm

Hello, sorry to be a pain. Could anyone point me in the right direction to join this group? I'm new to the site so I'm not sure how I can post in this forum. Thank you!
  • Phone Toaster
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Phone Toaster » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:19 am

We are still in the pre-launch marketing phase for Phone Toaster (see link in my signature, below).

Have definitely learned a lot about marketing and advertising! I would recommend hiring a good marketing that knows the ropes of crowdfunding, and investing in a few backer platforms.
    Phone Toaster: Beautifully Designed 5-in-1 Phone Sanitizer
    myphonetoaster.com