Has anyone tried fiverr?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Has anyone tried fiverr?

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 am

Be sure that when you use banners that you watch the banners and count the days the banner is up.

I agree. Also, I'd recommend using a link tracking service like google link shortener or bitly to see how much traffic you are getting from the banner ad.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    MackyMack
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MackyMack » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Thank you to everybody who's chimed in with marketing advice! I'm working on putting together a banner ad (the one I made already is the wrong size), and I'm going to try Twitter just for kicks. I've created a shortened google URL so I can track clicks and stuff. I will also figure out how to do a Facebook ad and try that route.

I'll report back on my findings :-)
    If you'd like to travel the world, but think you can't afford it, check out my Kickstarter book!:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/172549459/macks-guide-to-cheap-travel-in-a-poor-economy/comments
    Dremico Evans
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dremico Evans » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm

MackyMack wrote:Thank you to everybody who's chimed in with marketing advice! I'm working on putting together a banner ad (the one I made already is the wrong size), and I'm going to try Twitter just for kicks. I've created a shortened google URL so I can track clicks and stuff. I will also figure out how to do a Facebook ad and try that route.

I'll report back on my findings :-)

I hope it works out for you.

Remember what I said about Facebook Ads though. You will most likely get more hits from the Philippines at first. I recommend advertising withing your circle first(using Facebook Ads). once you sign up you should understand how to do it. Good luck!!
    dylanmad

by dylanmad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:51 pm

During the Auxiliary Magazine campaign (the first one, I think) I went full-bore and bought up as many different such Fiverr services as possible, just to see if I could generate a mega-boost of attention. It drove cheap traffic and didn't get us backers as far as I know, or at least not nearly enough backers to offset what I spent on Fiverr. Now I just use it if I want something like a map for my fantasy novel, or at least a rough draft of one, and I limit any attempts to drive traffic this way.
    MackyMack
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MackyMack » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Yep, it's confirmed! Fiverr is great for many things, but not for advertising to a Twitter audience. I paid $10 for someone to send a photo tweet to her 24K+ followers, and out of that vast number I got four clicks through to my Kickstarter page (no pledges, of course) - one from the United States, two from Italy, and one from Mystery Land.

I'm still working on banner ads and Facebook ads, as these are harder to set up.
    If you'd like to travel the world, but think you can't afford it, check out my Kickstarter book!:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/172549459/macks-guide-to-cheap-travel-in-a-poor-economy/comments
  • Jacobwensle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jacobwensle » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:16 pm

I tried a fiverr that said they would pledge $50 to my project for $5. Obviously I assumed that it wouldn't work, but it actually did!! When my campaign ended, it appeared that they had actually pledged that much, just the transaction didn't go through. So I didn't get the money, but it did make my campaign look more professional and more people were interested. I'm sure it also helped with ranking and stuff. If you want to try it the link is: https://www.fiverr.com/littlen4/pledge- ... r-campaign
    theleatherboundgeek
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by theleatherboundgeek » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:04 pm

We had someone from Fiverr help with looking at our facebook page and analyzing it. He also said VERY explicitly to NOT trust getting followers from Fiverr. If they aren't organic, they don't really care so you're just preaching to an empty audience.
    Etana and Patrick
    The Leatherbound Geek
    "Geeky accessories made uniquely just for you.Express yourself proudly and look good!"
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theleatherboundgeek/the-leatherbound-geek-custom-and-unique-accessorie
  • mountdream
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mountdream » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Yeah everyone is looking for ways to get more exposure, but I doubt it will convert. Shares will probably come from some clickfarm overseas.
    Mount Dream is live on Kickstarter!

A PRE-KICKSTARTER TOOL TO TEST YOUR BUSINESS IDEAS FOR DEMAND (BEFORE KICKSTARTER)

http://kck.st/1oO8zxt

See if your idea is worth spending the time, money and energy on.
    TheSantaCruzDog
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TheSantaCruzDog » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:46 am

If I were to go to Fiverr for anything, it'd be video and graphic production. Other than that, maybe press release syndication or content creation. I don't know about the rankings though.
    I have started a new KickStarter project and haven't launched yet. Feedback is appreciated for this pre-launch! FML http://goo.gl/B1acrB.