Has anyone tried fiverr?
  • js2508
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Has anyone tried fiverr?

by js2508 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Same story here. I tried fiverr, paid 15 bucks to get one of the most followed guy in San Francisco tweet about my project but not a single more backer since then.

• mauramo33
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mauramo33 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Same story. I tried fiverr, paid 5 but no one back me,
    Maurizio Amoroso
    Entertainment Game apps, Inc.

Active Project
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eg ... droid-game

Closed Project
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eg ... italy-1434
    Dremico Evans
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dremico Evans » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 pm

mauramo33 wrote:Same story. I tried fiverr, paid 5 but no one back me,

I can clear some things up. I also tried this service. The service that claims to post to Facebook and what not, is half true and half false. This is why there are so many positive reviews, put for Kickstarter campaigns it's not so great unless your product is irresistible; 3D this or virtual reality that. People who are aware of how counters work and their analytics can see the details of their hits (visits to that page). Long story short, those are bots(robot visits) (usually) the posts to Facebook are real, but the pages are only viewed by us (the crowd funded)(usually). In my case in the first 30 minutes got 94 hits, but after that none!!; just my normal one or two everyday. Technically the "gig" was provided. Yes, we were fooled. Let's take it as a learning experience. However I would like to quickly point out that not all services on that site are useless. Choose something that the person doing the gig have to do personally live a voice over or illustration (check your illustration carefully for reused copyrighted images. Those are real. Well I have to go. sorry for any grammar or spelling errors I have work soon. Really soon lol.
    MackyMack
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MackyMack » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm glad to see that someone has asked this question, because I have also been wondering about fivver. I don't have a Twitter account of my own (and therefore no followers), so I was considering hiring someone from fivver to tweet my link to their fan base. Sounds like this strategy doesn't bring in any pledges? Too bad. I only just discovered fivver, and I had a good experience when I hired someone there to record the background music to my Kickstarter video.

If anybody out there has tried "buying" tweets and feels like they got results, please speak up!
    If you'd like to travel the world, but think you can't afford it, check out my Kickstarter book!:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/172549459/macks-guide-to-cheap-travel-in-a-poor-economy/comments
    Dremico Evans
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dremico Evans » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:09 am

MackyMack wrote:I'm glad to see that someone has asked this question, because I have also been wondering about fivver. I don't have a Twitter account of my own (and therefore no followers), so I was considering hiring someone from fivver to tweet my link to their fan base. Sounds like this strategy doesn't bring in any pledges? Too bad. I only just discovered fivver, and I had a good experience when I hired someone there to record the background music to my Kickstarter video.

If anybody out there has tried "buying" tweets and feels like they got results, please speak up!

It probably won't work because the people and sometimes bots will just sit there and not invest in your project.

I don't want to give away my ace, but It's just fair to do this. If you want some real results do this.......

Fiverr banners (post your banner to my site) and Facebook ads. Do your research in advance. Don't let good reviews fool you. I gave a bad review and I was begged to take it down and had to get a refund.

No, no, you heard that correctly.

Don't believe me take a look
    http://www.gamecorpstudio.com/

Real people from this site visit my page (not too many though) from my ads. I also got some free advice on Skype from the founder of the site. Guess what, after speaking with him last night I got one more supporter and people are flocking to my page.

"be more colorful" "reach out more" "offer better rewards" " your pitch is wrong" and you know what he was right!! he even tweeted and shared my page! He is now my friend on Facebook like with his other clients.

This, however does require that you have some money first. I REALLY don't have much, but I sacrificed to get this done. I put out a "page like" Facebook ad too.

you can see the difference from just one day.

I'm not saying don't try your idea, but beware of the bots! Robots can't support you.
    MackyMack
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MackyMack » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Thanks for your very useful advice, Dremico! You're definitely right that trying to reach a targeted audience is the best way to invest our money. I wish I would have researched all this marketing stuff better before launching my campaign. I figured my friends and family would come through for me (they haven't yet), but I planned to use fivver as my backup marketing scheme. I knew better than to think that 5,000 tweets would result in 5,000 pledges, but I thought maybe the advertising would inspire 500 people to look at my page and maybe 50 of these would make a pledge. I guess getting just 5 pledges out of it would be a major stroke of luck! I *thought* I was being savvy about sorting the sincere tweeters from the scammers when I picked which gigs to buy, but I knew nothing of the bot factor, which lowers odds substantially.

Now, I have to quickly figure out how to create banner ads and find a place to put them before my Kickstarter clock ticks down!
    If you'd like to travel the world, but think you can't afford it, check out my Kickstarter book!:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/172549459/macks-guide-to-cheap-travel-in-a-poor-economy/comments
    Dremico Evans
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dremico Evans » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:28 pm

MackyMack wrote:Thanks for your very useful advice, Dremico! You're definitely right that trying to reach a targeted audience is the best way to invest our money. I wish I would have researched all this marketing stuff better before launching my campaign. I figured my friends and family would come through for me (they haven't yet), but I planned to use fivver as my backup marketing scheme. I knew better than to think that 5,000 tweets would result in 5,000 pledges, but I thought maybe the advertising would inspire 500 people to look at my page and maybe 50 of these would make a pledge. I guess getting just 5 pledges out of it would be a major stroke of luck! I *thought* I was being savvy about sorting the sincere tweeters from the scammers when I picked which gigs to buy, but I knew nothing of the bot factor, which lowers odds substantially.

Now, I have to quickly figure out how to create banner ads and find a place to put them before my Kickstarter clock ticks down!

It's difficult for people to take a chance with our products. They have no reason to trust us. I too believed that my family would come through for me seeing as how there are hundreds of them and they have thousands of friends, but they won't even share for me lol. To be fair some of them did. If my Kickstarter fails I'll loose my website. I can always make a new one, but it's a hassle and I might lose my domain name. It really sucks to be poor. I'm working so hard. I'l start over once more, I'm sure I'll get there once I release my game demo.

Also thank you for your support on Kickstarter. I hope you got my e-mail. I liked your page and shared it and everything. Also you are very brave holding spiders and snakes. I also like your picture of when you were in Asakusa "Japan" (shopping street). I have been there a few times. Have you made your banner AD yet?

Good luck to the both of us then!
    MackyMack
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MackyMack » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks for visiting my Facebook page, Dremico! It's awesome that you've made several trips to Tokyo. What a great city! I've only been there the once, unless I count a half dozen layovers at Narita airport. I got your message on Kickstarter, and I sent you a reply.

Yes, I put together a banner ad using a free online tool offered by fotor - http://banner.fotor.com/

I'm not all that techy, so I don't understand how to imbed a link to the Kickstarter page into my banner. Is this something I need to do myself, or is it something that's done by the person who puts my ad up on his/her site?

My next problem is not knowing what to do with the banner. There are people on fivver who will post the banner on their travel blogs or websites, but they never list the site URL in the gig description (which is suspicious). There's no point in putting up a banner on a site with no visitors! I learned today about PR4, PR5, PR6, etc, but, while not knowing much about SEO, doesn't Google rank sites based more on links rather than actual visitors? Still, some of the available fivver gigs show promise, so I will explore this option further. It's good that I'm doing this marketing research now, because I guess I'll also need to advertise the book somehow after it's published.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Mack
  • AsaArt

by AsaArt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:56 am

I have also received messages once we launched our project. Although it is tempting to try, I have decided not, since I do not believe that those pledge are going to boost interest or spread word.
    Support My Insane Shakespeare on Kickstarter - http://kck.st/1lRqbr4

My Insane Shakespeare on BroadwayWorld.com - http://bit.ly/1nGvO6w
    Dremico Evans
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dremico Evans » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:13 pm

I'm spreading more wisdom from experience. Like I said Facebook and banners are great to have.

Be sure that when you use banners that you watch the banners and count the days the banner is up. If it is changed or taken down early you make sure you complain to the seller who put up your banner. (don't be rude just express your issue) Things could very well be a misunderstanding.

With the Facebook Ads, make sure that you watch the audience that your ads are going to. It shows that you can choose who your ads go to, but it's a bit of a lie. You will notice a LARGE number of people from the Asian and Middle Eastern region of the word no matter what you do to the settings. I have heard many theories about why this happens, but the most logical answer is that Facebook is in partnership with foreign advertising firms or clients who are paid to click. There are real people clicking on your stuff, but they are only clicking to get paid, so the chances of them investing is not so high. They will share your stuff and you will get a TON of exposure, but it's mostly from others in that region who will also not invest in your stuff. My advice try new ideas, but be observant.