Guardians, A Superhero Indie Comic For A New Age of Readers
  • blackmagicwolf
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Guardians, A Superhero Indie Comic For A New Age of Readers

by blackmagicwolf » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Todd Black, and I am the writer and creator of a independent comic book called Guardians.

Guardians is a different kind of superhero story, yet one that I think many comic readers of all ages will enjoy.

The story takes place in Delta City, which is a place where scientists, builders, inventors, and the like can come together and create great things. The city soon creates a reputation for being at the forefront of scientific achievement...and that's where things go wrong.

A wave of crime hits the city, and it becomes too much too ignore. So they cry out to the Great Maker for help. And he responds by giving them the Guardians.

Two beings, two brothers, Element and Chaos, are sent to Delta City with one mission: Protect the city and it's people. And so they set forth to do so. But as time begins to pass some obvious flaws are noticed.

Mainly, the Guardians don't know how to interact with the people they're protecting, which creates an interesting dynamic. Then, one of the Guardians asks a rather interesting question, "Is there more to my life than just my purpose?"

For he wants to not just be a Guardian, but a member of Delta City, while the other wants to do the mission they were told to do. Who is right? Is there even a wrong answer here? That's what Guardians is all about, learning what life is all about, and growing through the lessons we learn as we face obstacles. And oh what obstacles they will face!

Though I'm trying to make a deep, story filled series, there will be plenty of action. In the four issues we've made so far (including our FREE prologue issue, see below for link!) we've had some pretty powerful moments, and epic battles. And that's just the beginning! I've got a full gallery of characters that will make their way to Delta City, and they're a very diverse group, I hope I can share them all with you.

The Kickstarter we're doing right now is meant to fund the next few issues. Mainly Guardians #4 and #5. But if we get more than our goal, we can obviously do more than that.

We're just about to reach the halfway mark in our KS ( I apologize, I only recently found this forum), and though we're doing alright, we could still use some help.

So if you can, please check out our Kickstarter. We have some pretty cool rewards, from getting the series itself in PDF or Paperback form, to special variant covers, to getting DRAWN INTO THE COMIC!!! To even helping make characters that'll be featured in the Guardians universe!

I wouldn't dream of asking you to pledge a lot of money, it's not who I am. But if you could pledge $5, and have your friends do the same? I'd be in your debt. I'm about to start an initiative to get 440 people to pledge $5. That will get us to our goal. Think you can be a part of that?

If you can't, I understand. All I can ask is that you spread the word. That'll do just fine.

I really want to continue my comic, it's been my dream for a long time, and now that it's here, I don't want to stop. I really hope you'll help me continue. I thank you for your time.

http://guardians-comic.com/buy/issue-0/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bl ... -a-new-age

• blackmagicwolf
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Guardians, A Superhero Indie Comic For A New Age of Read

by blackmagicwolf » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Hey everyone,

just wanted to update you, we're now at 431 people needed to pledge $5. If you can be one of them, I'd be most grateful. Be sure to spread the word!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bl ... -a-new-age
  • zahatarmusic
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by zahatarmusic » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Looks intriguing!
  • blackmagicwolf
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by blackmagicwolf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 am

Thank you, I hope you'll pledge and spread the word! I really want to continue my comic, and I need all the help I can get to do so!
    Shooplor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Shooplor » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:19 am

I will spread the word! The setting is great and the rewards are REALLY cool!
    Parents with android tablets? Get the best content for your kid and the best
    parental control software
    in one place...Kids Place

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-play-it-safe
  • blackmagicwolf
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by blackmagicwolf » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:12 am

terrific! I hope you'll pledge as well, every little bit helps!

In regards to my initiative, we're down to 431 needed to pledge $5! If anyone here can help support my Kickstarter, and have their friends do the same, I'd be in your debt!