Funded in just 5 days! What I've learned so far...
    SharkBiplaneMan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Funded in just 5 days! What I've learned so far...

by SharkBiplaneMan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:08 am

That's a lot to take in. Thanks for sharing this with us newbie kickstarters!

[url]Imagehttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/691577620/sharkbiplaneman[/url]

[url]Imagehttp://www.sharkbiplaneman.wordpress.com[/url]
    Tom Beckett
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Tom Beckett » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Solardy wrote:One question in my mind is, what if I ever need to relaunch my project, Will those who pledged on a failed campaign still count if the campaign relaunched?

Alec

Those pledges will not be reapplied to a new campaign launch, but what you can do is contact each of those people directly and thank them for helping. Encourage them to help again when you relaunch. With the all-or-nothing model of Kickstarter, they've got nothing to lose by pledging again.

You could even do yourself one better and get those people subscribed to your social media / non-Kickstarter outlets. That way you're keeping them updated with your project and when it comes time to launch again, they'll be ready for you!
  • Solardy
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Solardy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the information. This is very good for me to know.

Alec
  • acthappy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by acthappy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:37 am

So impressed! Learning fast that running a campaign is much more difficult than it seems. We launched today but have stalled out. Your advice on what to do ahead of time was great, but now what. Any suggestions would be great. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ref=newest Please share and check out our Youtube too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Y_yCYG4Bk
  • khaledh75
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by khaledh75 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:43 pm

i agree with you and thats exactly what i am going through now, i am trying to enjoy the job and not to think much about Kickstarter campaign, i will do it for my project and for future customers
  • mt1985
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mt1985 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:01 am

How much time did you spend buidling an audience before launching?
    Most of the time that's were the key to success is.

It's like throwing a party but not inviting as many people as you should have or inviting people the day of.

It's about creating that audience and buzz before launch.

MochShot wrote:Congrats on the success!

I have been promoting my upcoming launch for a couple months but I feel my methods were ineffective. I was posting the announcements to different game forums and crowdfunding sites. The only people I have attracted seem to be crowdfunding services. We are a small team and don't have the money to be using these sites (there are alot and most of them are ineffective anyways unless you already have followers).

I have read a couple articles about using twitter to promote the project -- which I am doing now (should have been doing it sooner). However I am having a hard time finding people who would look further into this project. I've had a lot of retweets by different crowdfunding services (kicktraq, ayudos, indiegamemag, crowdspeaking, headtalker, etc.) but I have not seen many fans of the game find my page.

A friend and I have been developing a RPG that is inspired by the SNES and Gameboy classics. We've been working on it for about a year now but we have run out of funds to continue making it (we have had a lot of support from family and friends thus far). We are hoping to reach out to as many RPG fans as possible and ask them to share the project or donate if possible.

We have definitely jumped the gun on the kickstarter project. 'Azmara' just launched a couple days ago. Most of the backers we have received have been from friends on facebook. It would be great to have a blogger speak of our project but we don't know where to look. Our twitter page @rpglimited has few followers so tweeting only has so much of an effect. I have tried using facebook ads but they don't seem to be working --- they only attract 'fake likes' to my actual FB page.

Running out of options, any tips/advice is greatly appreciated,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... android-or
    MochShot

Drew Mochrie
  • Ayudos.com
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ayudos.com » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 am

Good job!! Good to know you started building your audience early.

People don't realize how hard crowdfunding can be especially if you have not followers, fans, social media or email list.

Good luck the rest of the way and don't be shy and mention us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/_ayudos and we'll retweet you.

Choco0912 wrote:UviCube (http://www.bit.ly/UviCube) has hit its funding goal last night and here are some things that I've learned so far.

- When other creators say 'start building your audience early', it means not a week or two ahead, but months ahead. We made an internal decision not to share that we were going to be on Kickstarter way in advance, so we only started aggressively building an audience right before the launch on FB, and I think the outcome could've been much better had we had a huge base to start with. It is also not enough to just have an audience... you need a highly involved audience as these are the people who will be the first ones to advocate and share your project. So don't just gather 'likes' but rather, have a conversation and communicate with them to build rapport and loyalty.

- When we sent out a mass email to our subscribers, only about 27% actually opened the email, which apparently is on the high side, according to Mail Chimp stats. Think of all the junk mail you just delete every morning without opening. Don't count on your emails being read by everyone, especially if it's a mass email.

- It seems as though the 'new & noteworthy' category has a totally random algorithm as there seems to be a lot of campaigns that have gotten zero funding and are still way ahead of our project in terms of visibility. There was only a very very small percentage of backers that came from using the 'discovery' feature, I'm assuming because of our project's invisibility in relevant categories, e.g. Design, Most Popular, New and Noteworthy. Point is, don't bank on your project being visible even when you reach your goal or close to reaching your goal. (Obviously, this may change in a few days, and I'll update on whether or not there has been a change in our status)

- Promote your media coverage. We were featured on Digital Trends (http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/uv...r-kickstarter/), which was awesome, but having it featured doesn't mean automatic traffic. You have to really share the news for it to be worth it, unless you're smack at the top of the site where you can't be ignored. So, tweet it, share it, email it, post an update on your campaign page, etc.

We still have 39 days to go, and we still have a lot of ammunition, but I have to say that it has definitely been a grind. Emails, updates, posts, tweets, outreach to blogs, media & fellow Kickstarter creators, answering questions and comments, etc.... Whether you have a campaign that is kicking butt, or getting its butt kicked, you have a lot of work laid out for you.

Please please check out our campaign and share it www.bit.ly/UviCube !!!
  • Jermaine123X
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jermaine123X » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:38 am

Being funded in just 5 days is truly amazing..!!!!
  • Rebel Stepz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rebel Stepz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing the info!
  • vivi25
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by vivi25 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:24 am

Thanks for providing great insight!