Axiom: A Novel w/ a New Take on the Modern Superhero
    admin
    Site Admin

Axiom: A Novel w/ a New Take on the Modern Superhero

by admin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Special thanks to TheGOODKyle for being the first member to complete our VIP section challenge.

I've backed the Axiom campaign and think it has a great plot and also some cool illustrations :)

STORY

Axiom tells the story of Dustin, an altruistic college student, who is deeply saddened at all the problems facing the modern world. Ultimately, all he can do is simply defend his friends and classmates when hateful people come knocking. One day he wakes up stuck to the ceiling and discovers Earth herself has bestowed upon him literal superpowers, but they come with a warning of an evil older than the planet and a personal demon from Dustin's past.

IN THE BOOK

photo-main.jpg
    photo-main.jpg (90.77 KiB) Viewed 349 times

Axiom's primary setting is a college with an undisclosed name and location. Although some subtle hints and clues are left scattered so anyone may figure out where it is. Here Dustin attends classes and like any other student he has a small group of close friends. The most important ones are his best friend, Ryan, who helps him start up his super hero persona and his love interest, Rachel. There's a little surprise regarding her and I can't wait for everyone to find out.

Things are what you'd expect from college life until our hero wakes up on his ceiling. He'll find that he has the power to fly, fire off energy from his hands, and supposedly can slow down time after he's held at gunpoint. Dustin attempts to find answers and gets pretty far on his own thanks to his "logical" disposition but eventually comes face to face with Earth. YES, the planet! She acts as a mentor and tutor but she may have her own agenda. So not all is as it seems. Turns out that there is a baddy that even the universe itself is afraid of and is setting its sights on Chikyuu (look it up!).

From here the super hero origin story is in full effect albeit more socially entwined as I've pointed out. There's training, arrival of antagonists, crime fighting, and other non-hazardous dilemmas. Finally at the climax of the story, Earth's words proved true and our hero is flung into a battle that no one should have to fight.

Axiom is about 61,000 words without "filler" and I feel that is appropriate. However, if the two other books come to fruition they will be considerably longer due to planned plot points and characters.

Support the Project

Kyle has been an awesome and active member of this forum! He also has a youtube channel worth checking out!

You can check out his latest Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... -superhero

• Fotocapio
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Axiom: A Novel w/ a New Take on the Modern Superhero

by Fotocapio » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 pm

I like the idea of a superhero book set in college haha