Bearers of the Flame: Action Short
  • derekhhh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Bearers of the Flame: Action Short

by derekhhh » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:54 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191 ... -the-flame
    About

Bearers of the Flame is a short action film around 25-30 minutes in length that will be filmed in Taiwan. The project has multiple purposes: to fulfill my own dream of exhibiting new and fresh ideas for an action movie, to reignite an interest in kung fu for Taiwanese, and to promote the little known Taiwan and it's culture to the rest of the world.

The Funds

For the production side of the film, the funds will be used for hiring cast and crew members, as well as providing the necessary equipment to ensure the quality of the action, as well as the safety of the crew. Zhao Wen Shan will be the action director in charge of training the choreography to the actors and stuntmen. It is vital that we use trained professionals to ensure that no one gets hurt when performing the stunts.

The Action

The action and fighting choreography for this film has been in planning since 2010. In each action sequence, careful thought has been given to every movement and each character's decision to ensure the audience's surprise, amazement, and satisfaction. The fighting sequences in Bearers of the Flame will most likely remind one of a jackie chan movie as multiple props are put to use as weapons, and the camera movements are reminiscent of other action films from Asian cinema such as The Raid Redemption.

This is my first Kickstarter project, so any feedback on the project would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Bearers of the Flame: Action Short

by sbriggman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks for joining the forum! I hope you meet some awesome people and are able to provide feedback on other campaigns as well!
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • derekhhh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Bearers of the Flame: Action Short

by derekhhh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:25 am

Thanks for the welcome message. I'm sure it will be a great experience!