International Kickstarter
  • cmuscata
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

International Kickstarter

by cmuscata » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:46 am

Does anyone know if kickstarter intends to ever allow projects to be launched internationally? What is their reason to limit it to the UK States and so few other countries? Wanna launch my project soon and it´s a hassle to have to open a business in the uk just to be able to do this. There´s always indiegogo of course but indiegogo doesn´t have the userbase of kickstarter.

Thanks,
    chris

• bluemoon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: International Kickstarter

by bluemoon » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:55 am

indiegogo needs to be made famous by us only then it will be able to take business from kickstarter around the globe.
  • cmuscata
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cmuscata » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:21 am

well let´s see how their new policy not to vet projects affects them, I´m already noticing a load of crap projects on kickstarter that could affect their supremacy in the crowdfunding world. The more silly projects are detracting from the seriousness of the actual good ideas, diluting them and making actual good projects harder to spot and donate. I was a kickstarter addict but lately it´s become harder to find anything to back, everything looks crap. Is it just me?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm not exactly sure of their reasoning, though based on their company's behavior, it seems like they are limiting project creation to major english-speaking countries. This likely puts less strain on their project submission process. It also might be more likely to keep their community engaged, as backers are unlikely to support a campaign if it's in another language.

@cmuscata - Yea - I'm also curious to see how their new policy affects the website longterm. It will definitely mean more competition for creators.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • bluemoon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by bluemoon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:12 pm

i want to meet with mr bill gates for an invention funding from him can i ask for travel cost from crowdfunding will they pay will you pay?
  • cmuscata
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cmuscata » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:56 pm

Ok so I set up a business in the UK and I have a friend there who's going to help me out but he doesn't have a British passport, he's an eu national living there. On the kick-starter launch page it asks for a British photo I'd.... Have I reached the end of the road? Does my friend have to be a director of shareholder in the company?
  • cmuscata
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cmuscata » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Once this is through I will do my best to write a proper post on all the steps involved because there´s a million people asking and nobody seems to give a proper answer... So any related info will be gladly accepted. Any success stories from EU country projects launched through UK Kickstarter?

Thanks,
    Chris
    MartinT
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by MartinT » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:37 pm

You can create a UK limited company online and use a virtual office as address.

Check this package
    http://www.companiesmadesimple.com/comp ... dents.html
    Augmented Reality (AR) Virtual Pinboard in Kickstarter http://bit.ly/arpinboard
  • cmuscata
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cmuscata » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:46 am

OK Guys so i (FINALLY) managed to launch, after jumping through fire hoops and tryin every angle. The verdict is out and definite, you can only launch a kickstarter project by getting a collaborator in the UK. I know, i know, you´ve read it a thousand times before but i really tried hard in every possible way but it seems there really is no way around it. Anyway, so my project is now live if you wanna check it out :) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gr ... ill-holder
  • H&RStudios
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by H&RStudios » Sun May 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Congrats for managing it! A question though, I thought already that a permanent resident is necessary, but is the company there necessary as well? The FAQ state that the representative can act on behalf of a legal entity with a business number but don't specify that it has to be an entity from the same country, am I right or wrong?