We did it! Teething for Odin is 100% funded!
  • dlewis1212
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: We did it! Teething for Odin is 100% funded!

by dlewis1212 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:02 am

Thank you for sharing and congrats on your campaign success! If you don't mind sharing, what type of ad did you run on Facebook to get people to pledge? Did you directly ask people to donate or did you like introduce your product and then lead them to your Kickstarter page? And did you run ads to your fans only or also outside of your fan base?

I want to run some FB ads and would love hear from some people such as yourself who did it.

• hellesteeth
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by hellesteeth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:06 am

Agh 3 hours left!!!

I created a business page and started off by introducing the project and giving a bit of a back story. I boosted that post for $8. I posted updates every 4 or 5 days and boosted maybe every 3rd post for $4-6 each time. The ad was really simple, just a headline and two lines about the product. They give you the option of having up to 6 images and each image runs as an ad; I loaded 4 images then after 1 week I could see (through adverts manager) which were getting hits and which weren't. I changed the ones that weren't and introduced a fresh image every week. The ad ran for the entirety of the campaign and cost me $90. All up I spent about $130 on facebook advertising, which I think was worth it as according to my dashboard, 60% of all pledges were from Facebook (including a few friends).

I hope that helps, and good luck!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201851521/teething-for-odin-viking-teething-toys-for-babies
  • dlewis1212
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by dlewis1212 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Thank you so much for this information and yes it does help! I have been racking my brain on the best way to present my project with Facebook ads. I've done FB ad campaigns before with relative success, but never with a crowdfunding campaign. Thank your insight!