What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • Wez
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by Wez » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:08 am

I come from a varied background. I've been a teacher for many years from varied fields such as plant physiology through to programming. I've run a couple of Design business for many years (Graphic, Web and Game). I've now quit all my jobs to be a full time board game developer which is where I'm trying to get my first kickstarter project to succeed.

It seems a tough call to get through with success but I'm trying to give it the best success I can.

Passion project is release my boardgames. I also have great interest in Science breakthroughs that can benefit the world but that is something I'm not able to spend any time or effort at the moment. Get boardgames out is my first priority.

• preludeinseattle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by preludeinseattle » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 pm

While I work in the hospitality industry, my passion is dance. I have a BFA in Dance Performance and truly love creating and performing in this art form. I am also really passionate about making dance more accessible. Dance is the least funded art form, and that is mostly because there are a lot people do not know about it. When it comes to modern dance most viewers are afraid to approach the art form because they feel they need to understand what is happening on stage in order to appreciate it. I love encouraging people to go to shows and be open to whatever they will experience! That is my passion!
    p2ptrainer
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by p2ptrainer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:45 pm

IT Manager at marketing agency. Looking to launch a health community site that incorporates personal training and an information database incorporating a community. (www.p2ptrainer.com) Any suggestions on other ways to get the word out about the upcoming kickstarter?
    "P2PTrainer, More than just fitness."

Social links
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/P2PTrainer
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/P2PTrainer
    Blog
    http://p2ptrainer.com/
  • tabletoptailgate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tabletoptailgate » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Day job is sales my passion is both my hypnosis business, website design, and my table top tailgate beer pong card game that is on kickstarter! This site is awesome for info!!
  • Ryan_Rist
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ryan_Rist » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi,

My name is Ryan and I'm a high school student. I guess you could say my current kickstarter project is my day job, it was 100% funded in under two hours! Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... m-coasters

I've even been interviewed by Fox News: http://foxct.com/2014/05/27/brookfield- ... arter-com/

This project is just a way for me to hopefully make a little money for college while offering a cool product. I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions from all the crowdfunding experts in this forum, Thanks!
    I'm a high school entrepreneur and my Kickstarter is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... m-coasters
  • Ndassie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ndassie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:57 am

Hey Salvador + everyone!

I have to say first that I'm new, but already enjoying this community.

I'm Tim, and I'm a marketing and financing manager for small NGO in the Netherlands. I was in the military for a few years, but didn't feel like I was doing anything positive for the planet, so I got out and went to study business and politics in Europe. During my study I became really enthralled by post colonial discourse and developmental studies. I then decided to intern at the NGO I'm currently at, mostly because they make solar powered energy systems for developing regions and the founder is a passionate, African engineer himself.

This is the beginning of my passion project, and I've never felt more like a fish in water. I just hope it doesn't fail. Not for vanity or triumphs' sake— just so we don't let 'them' down.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nd ... ot-of-love

Thanks everyone for the support> I'm enjoying all your encouraging stories and insights so far :)
  • coolsac32
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by coolsac32 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm a oregon state university football player and in finishing up my masters in grad school.

as far a a project, I definitely want to create a digital graphic novel that incorporates sound and animation into it.
    MathFour
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MathFour » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:47 pm

I teach. Mostly math, but I'm fixing to start at a school for children with neurological differences. There I'll be teaching math as well as helping with executive functioning, self awareness and relationships. Should prove to be interesting.

My passion is to change society's perception of math so children can be successful. We won a business plan competition so we have a little money to develop the tool, but we now need funding to run the pilot in a few schools.

I'm doing tons of research trying to figure out this crowdfunding thing to make that work. And I'm excited to find this forum!
    Bon Crowder
    Math Mom & Education Advocate
    Launching a crowdfunding campaign for the tool described at ThatsMath.com, this year sometime #fingerscrossed
    Found online via blog, twitter, pinterest, etc. by the name MathFour
  • harperh10
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by harperh10 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:42 am

Hey everyone, I am new here. It is pretty great seeing this kind of forum, and this community. I had no idea this even existed.

Day Job: I just got back from traveling in South America for a little over a year. For the majority I was in Buenos Aires. Now I will probably be getting into sales to pay the postman for his services.

Passion Project: I am in the works of starting an art/design webshop. I will try for initial funding through Kickstarter, to get a feedback on how viable it will be. That's why I am here to learn, build lasting relationships, be part of an inspiring change that mofo future community, amongst other things.

Someday I would love to follow this guys lead with art, if you haven't seen it: https://www.ted.com/talks/jr_s_ted_priz ... inside_out

Feeling pretty great you guys are here, incredible place to brainstorm. Wow. Pretty special
  • tomvd
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tomvd » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:34 am

My current passion project is bringing a dead performing arts festival back to life. My day job is my other passion project. I'm a meditation trainer, speaker, author and freelancer.