Video content and how to reach a broader audience.
    messina614
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Video content and how to reach a broader audience.

by messina614 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:44 pm

I've started a Kickstarter page with a group of 5 others to fund our senior thesis film. The issue with my campaign however, is the fact that it is primarily targeted towards family/friends that know us. That tactic has been fairly successful so far, as we are 36% funded only a couple days before the half way point, but we have hit the anticipated plateau point.

Because of the fact that we have no content from our film to show, we are having trouble selling the idea, as we chose to approach the Kickstarter video with a personal skit at the beginning, showing personality but not work ethic/quality that we would like to convey. Even with 554 video plays, we still only have 49 backers. We have a very solid script and able crew. Is it imperative that I try and get some content from the film created before the end of the campaign, or would that have little effect on my outreach? Do I need to try and add more description in my story section to convey who we are and what we are trying to do with our project? Thoughts?

therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Video content and how to reach a broader audience.

by therriaultk » Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Hey, I checked out your page and I have a few suggestions. I think that there should be at least some content shown, or elaboration on the storyline. It does say that you've been working on this film for a long time so the assumption is that there would be something to show for it, even if it's just pictures of cool locations you plan on filming at or something along those lines. You could also include some short examples of previous work. Personally, I thought the skit about wanting to make this film since you were kids and then saying that it was a lie was sort of confusing and unnecessary but otherwise it was short and well-made. Good luck on the rest of your project!
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • DamaragePM
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Video content and how to reach a broader audience.

by DamaragePM » Sat May 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi there!

Selling a video project without video seemed strange to me, so before I started the crowdfunding campaign for my short film I decided to make something like a teaser, to pique the user's curiosity. Although my campaign has already begun (first day today) I am searching for tips and advices to improve it on the run.
    Adding to the little teaser, I find what therriaultk says very useful, everything you can scrap to show what you've been working on will let people see something of your project.

Good luck on your project!
    "Junto al Mar"("By the Sea" Crowdfunding project!
    http://www.verkami.com/locale/en/projects/8995

Damarage Photo & Multimedia
    http://damaragepm.com