• Titan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The Double Headed Spoon - seriously overlooked, or just CRAP

by Titan » Wed May 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Hey Kickstarters,

Take a look at the project first: http://kck.st/1liPWLa

Now let me share you the story.

My mother is a chemist, and in chemistry they use double-ended spoons all the time. Of course, these spoons are tools, made for work, they are not pretty at all. But that didn't bother me when I first saw a spoon like that when I was about 4-5 years old. I got it from my Mom, it had a tiny head on one side, a little bit bigger on the other, and a horribly long handle… absolultely useless at home, but I was still hooked from the first time. It was unusual and new for me, and I carried it everywhere for a week.

Now, my girlfriend happens to be a chemist, and she loves special spoons. About half a year ago she mentioned, how they use double spoons at work, and what a shame, that it don't exist in real life with a proper design.

And that was it. I thought, this is something that a group of people who likes new, unusual, and unique things would definitely love. Just like the kickstarter community. I’m dedicating this project to all the crowfunding enthusiasts all over the world.

Unfortunately, despite all my hard work so far, I got no response from the media. One blogger tweeted it, and an other little site wrote about it from Europe. I sent hundreds of e-mails, for the top 15 I wrote custom e-mails, but still nothing.

So we got 0 backers from outside Kickstarter. I think the conversion is about 3-4% now based on the views of the video, I don't know if thats good or not. But I'm sure we need a miracle here.

I appreciate every comment!

http://kck.st/1liPWLa

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Double Headed Spoon - seriously overlooked, or just

by sbriggman » Thu May 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Well - I don't think I'm the ideal customer. What kind of feedback have you gotten to date?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Titan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Titan » Fri May 23, 2014 6:05 am

Thanks for the comment. The girls loved it, guys seemed unintrested, but said it's a good idea, and it can work. Younger guys said it's stupid, not practical, etc. but the target audience is women above 30.
  • hellesteeth
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by hellesteeth » Sat May 24, 2014 12:06 pm

I'm a woman over 30!

I like the aesthetics of the spoon, it looks beautiful, but I wouldn't use it as I don't have any issues with the design of standard spoons. i think it may really help to give more examples of how the spoon can be used in a different way to our normal spoons (not just the cute ways in your cartoon); you really need to convince backers that they need it!

I really hope you find your niche market, and good luck :)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201851521/teething-for-odin-viking-teething-toys-for-babies