Press Release Gorilla - Any references?
  • SuperKetchup
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Press Release Gorilla - Any references?

by SuperKetchup » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi everyone:
    We got contacted by a company called Press Release Gorilla - they claim to do Press Releases for Kickstarter projects. Have you guys heard of them???

Please check our Kickstarter Project Here
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Press Release Gorilla - Any references?

by sbriggman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:19 pm

I saw their twitter account the other day. I googled their name. Nothing came up for those keywords (usually that means it's a newer website).

According to http://www.statscrop.com/www/pressreleasegorilla.com The website is 2 months old.

Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 1.15.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 1.15.28 PM.png (34.1 KiB) Viewed 3381 times

I haven't come across anyone that has used them, but if you do be sure to leave a review :).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • BearOnTheChair
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BearOnTheChair » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:40 am

We used PRWeb and received over 40,000 impressions in the 1st week and my website shows some decent traffic from them. Search google for a coupon code and then create a login and use them--got a basic press release for $50 after coupon--good luck.
    SorryLittleSharky
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SorryLittleSharky » Tue May 20, 2014 5:34 am

WHERE ON EARTH did you find that coupon, can you send me the link? I can't find it anywhere!
    Last edited by SorryLittleSharky on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • risecreature
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by risecreature » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:53 am

I've purchased first option, get 2 emails from them and after that them disappeared with money, ignore my emails. They wrote that final report will be after 14 business days and until now I don't see any visits on my indiegogo campaign.
    DO NOT TRY TO MESS WITH THEM !
  • SurfBeach
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SurfBeach » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:21 am

I was contacted by Press Release Gorilla on Indiegogo too. I e-mailed the guy who contacted me several times to ask a lot of questions to make sure I was making a good decision. The person who contacted me goes by the name of Richard Kennedy. After sending multiple e-mail's back and forth with Richard Kennedy, Richard told me that hundred's of thousand's of people would see my press release. I decided to pay PRG to promote for me. I paid them $595. Richard sent me the "draft" of my press release and then claimed that he sent out my press release to a ton of websites. During this time, I was checks my website to see how many views I got per day. I got ZERO views during the entire life of this press release. I've called Press Release Gorilla over 3 dozen times, asking for Richard. He was either "out of the office" or no one answered my call. I have called at least 2 dozen more times and Press Release Gorilla NEVER answers my call. I did a test to see if they were avoiding my calls. I called from a different number and of course, they answered. When they asked who it was and I said my first name, they put me on hold and then transferred me to the voicemail. I've left more voice mail messages than I can count. When I did get a hold of s different person (not Richard Kennedy), he refused to give me a refund and when I demanded to either get a refund or I would sue them, he told me that I had to e-mail him the reason why I wanted a refund (even though I told him over the phone) and he would get back to me in 24 hours, to no surprise, I didn't hear back from him and I haven't been able to get anyone to answer my calls again. I am currently in the process of suing them. If you or anyone you know has had a negative or similar experience as I have, PLEASE e-mail me ASAP. I REALLY want to include your experience in my lawsuit. My e-mail is BeachBum2711 at gmail dot com Thanks! DO NOT GIVE PRESS RELEASE GORILLA ANY OF YOUR MONEY. THEY ARE A SCAM!!!!
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:25 am

My 2 cents is that Press Release Gorilla should put their say on this thread (as people searching their site will find this page), that said...it doesn't seem like a reliable service.

Another thing is, if you used Paypal surely you can initiate a refund, use this thread as proof that others haven't received their service as stated and let us know how you got on...
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts