Funded in 10 days - Now what?
  • philipzeplin
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Funded in 10 days - Now what?

by philipzeplin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 pm

The project that our group set up on Kickstarter, just managed to get funded in our first ten days. We're all very excited about that, obviously, though with the effort we put into it, we were always pretty sure we would hit our funding goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... t-film-mtn

That said, we've hit it considerably faster than I expected and planned for (I'm almost solely handling the Kickstarter side of things), and now I'm at a bit of a loss. The vast majority of planning I did, was assuming that we would reach 100% towards the end of our 30 days, not the the first 10 days.

Anyone got any great pointers, articles or ideas on how to keep a "post-funding" buzz going? We could certainly still use some extra cash!

• Ingrid_Wolf
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Funded in 10 days - Now what?

by Ingrid_Wolf » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:54 pm

First of all, you should think up Stretch Goals! Maybe some additional art prints if you reach 1,500 pounds? A photo album of your film and its mountain setting if you raise 2,000? An additional behind-the-scene film available to download by all your backers if their total number is 50? Any other thing you can come up with! Just check it to be tangible, feasible, and the one you'd love to get yourself.

The main point is to give your backers a clear objective. They must SEE what additional perks they get if they invest more in your campaign. It is also important that these perks, in case of a stretch goal unlocked, are received by all backers, or the majority (those above a certain pledge level). That will motivate your existing backers to share the information with their friends.

IMHO, you saying, "We may have used extra funds for this, this, and that" does not motivate people to pledge more, as they see they've already helped you reach your main goal and so can relax, but setting a new goal and offering a new reward does.
  • salamandersauce
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by salamandersauce » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 am

I agree with Ingrid_Wolf above. Add stretch goals, keep people motivated. I'm in the same situation right now, my initial goal to launch the first part of my line has been met but now I am going for another $3000 so I can add another sauce to the line up. Entice the people but make sure it's worthwhile for them too
    TheBumblebee
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheBumblebee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:50 am

I think at this point like the last 2 sad is to keep people motivated. Kickstarter is not only for funding but it is a form of marketing as well.
    "The bee is more honored than other animals. Not because she labors, but because she labors for others." - St. John Chrysostom

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1861481320/the-bumblebee-street-sweets-a-dessert-truck
  • PointSeventyFive
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PointSeventyFive » Sat May 17, 2014 11:04 pm

So happy for you! It's so great to see a project funded :)