Boo Hoo. I might have to go to Indiegogo...
  • jeanetmarie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Boo Hoo. I might have to go to Indiegogo...

by jeanetmarie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:11 pm

I love Kickstarter, but they have limited on bulk (10) rewards items. O well, maybe I'll try Indiegogo. I'm bringing my crowd to my campaign anyway, so what difference can it make which platform I use? Sigh. I must admit I love the look of Kickstarter and the name. Sigh!

• jeanetmarie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Boo Hoo. I might have to go to Indiegogo...

by jeanetmarie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Okay. Looks like I might not be going anywhere. After using Kickstarter easy to use interface and attempting to use Indiegogo's not so easy interface, I'm beginning to see one reason why Kickstarter is the more popular. LOL!
    Last edited by jeanetmarie on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Hey Jeanet - What are you planning to raise money for?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • jeanetmarie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jeanetmarie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Sheesh! I just re-read what I wrote. Sorry for the poor grammar. I am raising money to place my greeting cards (goodhaircards.com) into Walmart's Washington DC store. I need to print 20,000 cards plus pay my sales rep and promoter. Kickstarter won't allow me to offer as a reward more than 10 bookmarks which has been a best seller for me. My clients use my bookmarks to advertise their businesses, etc. So I'm going to Indiegogo. I will post my Indiegogo for a critique when the video is ready. Cheers! and thanks for creating this website. I greatly appreciate it. Cheers again!
    Last edited by jeanetmarie on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:13 pm

That's cool. I used to live in Washington, DC. Now live in NYC. I feel like the bookmarks could be a good way to possibly market the campaign through meetup.com groups in DC. You could give some to each organizer and have them hand them out to members.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • papa_misha
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by papa_misha » Sat May 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Maybe off topic, but I can not understand, Indiegogo much less popular Kickstarter?
    On what platform easier to promote the project?
  • jeanetmarie
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jeanetmarie » Sat May 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Which platform is best to promote a campaign all depends on the project. Some platforms are better for independent films, while others are better for non-profits and charities. Kickstarter may be more popular than Indiegogo, but Indiegogo is popular with enough people from around the world. And while I would have preferred to launch on Kickstarter, I'm fine with Indiegogo. The job of getting people to my crowd funding campaign is mostly up to me, so it matter little in the end. At least I hope! Cheers.
  • papa_misha
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by papa_misha » Sat May 03, 2014 5:18 pm

jeanetmarie wrote:Which platform is best to promote a campaign all depends on the project. Some platforms are better for independent films, while others are better for non-profits and charities. Kickstarter may be more popular than Indiegogo, but Indiegogo is popular with enough people from around the world. And while I would have preferred to launch on Kickstarter, I'm fine with Indiegogo. The job of getting people to my crowd funding campaign is mostly up to me, so it matter little in the end. At least I hope! Cheers.

Thank you, though I've already started a project on kickstarter, guess that will have to look to other platforms. Good luck!
  • JimmyAk
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JimmyAk » Fri May 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Also, if campaign target is not reached you get nothing.