Kickstarter community - we need your advice
  • Konrad
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Kickstarter community - we need your advice

by Konrad » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi there,
    we're launching our campaign on Monday, April 28th. Our first campaign. We have been promoting our project for a while now and I think we have covered our bases. We are a small design company from Brooklyn and we designed a unique multi-material collection of everyday-carry items for men. We were featured on CoolMaterial.com last Monday (http://coolmaterial.com/style/design-unsanctioned-introduces-mid-century-modern-edc-accessories/) and have a couple more features scheduled for next week. If you could take a look at our website http://www.designunsanctioned.com and preview our kickstarter campaign page we would be very thankful.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1805552989/1130024486?token=c7c7bbd8

We really appreciate any comments, advice or criticism. We only have a couple of days left to optimize our campaign.

Regards,

Konrad

• Titan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Kickstarter community - we need your advice

by Titan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:56 am

Hi Konrad,

I looked the links, I think it looks awesome! You set up a page where anyone can sign up and you managed to find a website already to promote you project. Thats more than most of the project developers do. Great job!
    I hope you will have a video too!

cheers,
    Titan
  • Konrad
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Konrad » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:47 pm

Thank you for your kind words Titan. We are launching this Monday. I hope it goes well.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 pm

I thought the video was pretty moving and gave me a good idea of your values. You made it more than just about the product and sort of gave us insight into how you conceptualized it and went about designing it .

Have you considered putting a production estimated delivery date timeline or cost breakdown as to where the funds will go? I also would put an "About the team" section and let us know why you guys can pull this off and past experience with manufacturing. Finally, I would highly recommend doing some early-bird reward tiers (limited quantities for good price) to jumpstart fundraising.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Konrad
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Konrad » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:01 am

Thank you sbriggman for your advice. We are launching on Monday so this weekend is all about utilizing all the advice we received on this forum over the past couple of days. We thought about doing early-bird rewards but we are concerned that it will make our reward block simply too long and overly convoluted. What do you think?
  • BHIKERS
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BHIKERS » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:47 pm

I may not be in position to give you any advise since I just launched mine yesterday, but I realized I needed to create a press release to get my campaign out sooner to various websites. I think exposure is the most important thing in the beginning. Good Luck!
  • Konrad
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Konrad » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Thanks BHIKERS.
    That is actually what we are working on today. We've been working on gaining publicity for a couple of days now and we found reddit to be an amazing traffic driver. Promotion on reddit is tricky but if you do it right it really blows your website stats through the roof. . Good luck with your project
  • Unrswag
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Unrswag » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:36 am

Social media helps a lot too. But I like the page and the product, I think you guys are going to be just fine. Wallets, jeans and male gadgets seem to do well on KS. Good luck.
    Takia Matthew
    Humdrum smasher
    Unrestricted Swag
    http://kck.st/1in6lLb
  • Konrad
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Konrad » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 am

Thanks Unrswag, we have been pretty active on most social platforms trying to promote our product. Hopefully it will pay off. We're launching in 7 hours...
    TranslatingDreams
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TranslatingDreams » Sat May 03, 2014 10:19 am

All looks very good to me, having just released my own campaign, has given me a huge respect for those that look good. This is all much harder than it seems!
    Explore the power of your dreams... http://kck.st/R1hhZr