Master of the Seven Teas - Kickstarter
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Master of the Seven Teas - Kickstarter

by sbriggman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:40 pm

I wish I had a team. All solo for me and no money to hire anyone. I'm still confident I can make a huge success of my project, it would just help a great deal if I can get enough backers.

Some ideas: You can still leverage your efforts with some automation. I mainly use Buffer for twitter/facebook/g+ marketing. There's also Hootsuite.

You could also try bringing on an intern for the campaign/business. You could get a $3-5/hour rate if you were to use a virtual assistant overseas (I use several).

You could involve a partner (equity percentage or campaign fee). Likely, this would work best if you know the person in real life, not online.

All that said, I've seen plenty of solo creators be successful on Kickstarter :).

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Dan277
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dan277 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Some ideas: You can still leverage your efforts with some automation. I mainly use Buffer for twitter/facebook/g+ marketing. There's also Hootsuite.

You could also try bringing on an intern for the campaign/business. You could get a $3-5/hour rate if you were to use a virtual assistant overseas (I use several).

You could involve a partner (equity percentage or campaign fee). Likely, this would work best if you know the person in real life, not online.

All that said, I've seen plenty of solo creators be successful on Kickstarter

Thanks for the tips. I can't hire anyone to help me at the moment because I can't afford to pay them right now. I would be very happy to offer someone an equity percentage, however I don't know where to begin in finding someone I can trust to help me with that. I don't know anyone in real life who can help me. I've been promoting manually on Twitter, g+, LinkedIn, Facebook and forums such as this. Unfortunately, I only have 5 backers and I've raised just £24 out of my £1000 target and I only have 22 days to. I'm not sure what I have done wrong, but obviously lots of things. My video has only been watched 41 times so my conversion rate isn't bad. I guess people just don't find my project interesting enough to click play on the video. I'm not sure how I can improve that. I'll try the free trial of Hootsuite but I think it'll take more than that to reach my target.
  • sneakybrunogames
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sneakybrunogames » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:04 am

That's cool! I'm happy you are going after your dream. I really wish you all the success you need. I'm trying to make a game too so I know exactly what you are going through. Perhaps when you find the time, I also started a Kickstarter project. It's a mobile game with awesome features from funny stories, challenging game play, awesome music, promotes positive vibes, etc. Please take a look. Thanks and all the best! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... -adventure