What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • CendrineG
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by CendrineG » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi, my actual job is movie detection, wich is one processing in postsynchronisation.
    I work on momies, TV series and live action.

My passion project is illustrate for children, and I like to mix different medias like drawings,
    Pictures, Photoshop. I want to bring something funny and also a way of learning for kids.

• DIYShakespeare
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DIYShakespeare » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Day Job: Unemployed

Passion: Shakespeare

I've spent the last two years collaborating with artists on an episodic adaptation of Shakespeare's history plays.

I've worked odd jobs and done commissioned artwork to keep the lights on, but passion is taking over. Working on this project is a lot like writing a textbook: tons of research, hours and hours of writing and editing, learning the tricks and tools of filmmaking and editing.

We finished the fist episode in our series and now we're moving on to get the next two in production. I say "unemployed" but I managed to "employ" everyone who worked with us on the project. Ultimately everyone involved has been paid (except myself) and they're all keen and willing to work with me again, but it's back to the hungry old drawing board until we can get the next one into production. I think Shakespeare should be free for audiences, which can be a tricky economic model for filmmakers...
  • Hunterfox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Hunterfox » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:27 pm

"What is your day job?"
    Well I'm actually both a college student studying anthropology and surprisingly a Park Ranger living in the Los Angeles area! 8-)

"What is your passion project?"
    My passion project has been this roleplaying game (rpg) I have been working on for well over a year & a half called PASTS, PERSONAS & PROPHECIES! http://kck.st/1pEzSGN It has been a real labor of love, but I have learned so much from the project itself, and heck I'm still growing throughout this whole process, I love it!
  • leahdevon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by leahdevon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Leah DeVon. I'm an educator as well as an Indie artist. Children and music are my passion. I'm a new mommy so love is in the air. I've had a wonderful career as an Indie artist. Very proud of what I've accomplished. I decided to Kickstart my new music EP. Just launched a few days ago.The first single that I want to push is called "The Victory Is Mine." We're going to feature and are looking for a special cast women's choir. Women who are all survivors. I've been inspired by the women who want their voices heard on the song. I'm new to crowd funding. I've financially backed all of my other records. My passion project would be recording a children's album. Would love feedback. Glad to learn and be a part of this forum.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64 ... your-dream
  • cinema2108
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cinema2108 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 pm

I am a filmmaker and an artist. I am currently working on one of my passion projects, a short film called You Think You Know the Story. Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... y?ref=live
  • bignem
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bignem » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:02 am

1. My day job is really a night job as I am a nightclub bouncer. I get paid to break necks. Jokes! (well, kind of lol).

2. My passion project is what I am doing now. I am doing a documentary about a 35 year old virgin with a curfew who embarks on an epic quest across the US to lose his virginity and discover his adulthood. I love it as he is my friend and I want to help him change his life!

Our campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... old-virgin

Our twitter: https://twitter.com/myfriendtommy
    Nem Stankovic - Director/Producer

My Friend Tommy - A documentary about a 35 year old virgin with a curfew who sets out on an epic quest across the US to lose his virginity and discover adulthood.
    [url]bit.ly/myfriendtommy[/url]
  • dnpayne
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dnpayne » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Web and App UI designer by day, video game designer by night. :)
    Derek

My first Kickstarter project, would love any support you can round up!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312952978/pirateland-a-swashbuckling-mobile-game
  • acrouch
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by acrouch » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm a stay at home mom to three little girls and I also run a little sewing business on the side. Sewing was my passion project for years(I taught myself how to sew from reading blogs) but a year or so ago, I started writing a novel(Violet and the Vetrox). Initially I was just writing the story for myself, to relax but a few months ago I decided to self publish. I printed the entire 240+ pages of the book on my home printer--probably wasting $30 in ink along the way--but it made me feel giddy just seeing all the words that I'd written compiled together in a huge stack of paper.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for a nerdy introvert, the antithesis of a savvy social networker, to successfully promote a kickstarter.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
    If you have the time, please check out my kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1465837166/violet-and-the-vetrox
  • arader
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by arader » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Aerospace Engineer, youtuber, author.
    I design rockets, but like making games :) :D
  • Chummies
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Chummies » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:06 pm

My day job as a middle school teacher is what drove my project Chummies. I am lucky enough (though some may disagree) to work with young people everyday. And while they teach me so much every single day, one of the main things I have learned is how bullying has evolved and worked to damage our youth.

Because of this, my teacher friend Kelly and I have created friendship bracelets that attempt to teach a lesson of inclusion. We are working to teach kids that everyone can enrich your life in a unique way.

Our passion project is just this! That is why we are so determined to make our kickstarter campaign work! Our teacher's salaries cannot continue to fund our project - we have self-funded for a year and need to expand our work!

Please check out Chummies' campaign to get more about why this cause is our passion. We even wrote it in story form - typical of two English teachers! ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/623322438/chummies-friendship-bracelets-for-inclusion-and-an