Backers cancel their pledges. Is there a way to contact them
  • KSaddict
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Backers cancel their pledges. Is there a way to contact them

by KSaddict » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 am

Hello everyone.

My SLAB wallet campaign (http://kck.st/1dK8Vdq) is successful by standards, but what brings me down as a creator is cancelled pledges. Sometimes I have 2-3 pledges cancelled per day. Although I realize that there could be many reasons to do it, I want to reach out to them to figure out why.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Vlad

Travel wallet campaign http://kck.st/1iBxkW7
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Backers cancel their pledges. Is there a way to contact

by sbriggman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:55 am

We had a discussion about this a while back, and it wasn't conclusive. See (it's two pages): backers-cancelling-pledges-t822.html

The short answer is, we couldn't come up with an easy/seamless way to do it, unless you've already communicated with them.

"So, I could ask them directly, but only because I took the time to thank each new backer personally as they joined our project. Otherwise, I'd never be able to find them or communicate with them. Once they drop your project, you have to go to pretty extreme lengths to get a message to them. The only way to contact them is to pull up the original message I sent them and reply to it. There is not a way that I have found from the dashboard for project creators to reach these people. I felt that the level of difficulty might be an indicator that Kickstarter didn't want me contacting them."
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Falyon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Falyon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:06 am

Not to revive an old thread, but I discovered something and wanted to share it in case anyone else is interested:

If you go to your campaign dashboard and scroll down to the "Activity" section, you will find a list of backers who have pledged and canceled. If you hover over each backer, a small "backer info" menu will pop up on the right side. Clicking on this will take you to a screen where you can message any backer who was ever involved in your campaign.

Now, wether you should message a backer who has canceled is up for debate, but the option is there should you choose to pursue it.
    SDJ-02: Self Drying Jacket: https://t.co/IliIqax9eT
  • Pantyprop
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Pantyprop » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:43 pm

On our first campaign we had 2 cancellations out of 19 pledges. I don't think if someone cancels you should reach out. Speaking from a personal thought and not my business side. If i personally back a project and then back out, it would solely be for reasons that I just didn't want the product anymore after giving it some thought long after.
    I've never backed out of any that I've done, but have thought about it after
    PantyProp
    Put it on. Prop it in. and GO!
    www.pantyprop.com