We've raised over 275% so far. Ask us anything! (AMA).
  • rallen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: We've raised over 275% so far. Ask us anything! (AMA).

by rallen » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Markkuan,

let me just say that unfortunately many of those advertising agencies are just noise makers in advertising their company, but when it comes to helping you bring results- failure. If I were you I would just take some time and effort to get the word out. Sbriggman seems to be especially knowledgeable on these matters more than me, but based on my experience you are giving away money that you don't have.

Oh by the way, I forgot to refer you all to my current Indiegogo campaign. I begged the team for an extension as I am no where near my goal- they are to grant it shortly. Plus I just squandered my money on this company- $147 USD gone right down the drain.

http://igg.me/at/v3dmj-helping-the-poor/x/6412195

• Defyne Design
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by Defyne Design » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:47 pm

I dont know anything about advertising agencies. Im sure many are legit but its doubtful they can really help get many backers to help fund a project unless they have a very deep base of loyal followers or know people who will guarantee blog mentions on well known sites.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 pm

"many of those advertising agencies are just noise makers in advertising their company, but when it comes to helping you bring results- failure." - Yes, there are definitely companies in the crowfunding project marketing space that fit this description.

The optimal time when to approach a PR/Marketing company and pay for their services, in my opinion, is when you have product-market fit with your campaign, meaning strangers like the concept, are pledging, and you need to get the word out now on a larger scale.

Otherwise, you could spend money to have your campaign promoted, and even if a the company delivered traffic, it may not convert into pledges because you haven't established product-market fit.

Also - no company, unless they are having your press release syndicated or have a financial relationship with a blogger (sponsored posts) can guarantee you will get PR. If you are hiring a PR agency that specializes in taking on a small number of clients and has relationships in your target market, they may be able to strongly predict you will get PR, but nothing's for certain. You will definitely compensate them accordingly regardless.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • emenjeph
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by emenjeph » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Congratulation on your successful campaign!
    I recently launched a campaign on kickstarter. My video has been played almost 70 times so far, but has not gained much pledges from kickstarter backers. I wonder if it is about our idea or the presentation of the campaign.
    It would be greatly appreciated if you could take a look at it and provide some feedback. Thank you!
    http://kck.st/1dRGcU4
  • Defyne Design
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by Defyne Design » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Here are my thoughts on what I believe is required for a successful campaign:

- Make your project as easy to navigate as possible.
    - Meaning clear rewards,
    - A simple video that shows what you are offering and why.
    - As many pics, demonstrations of what you are offering in your description as well.
    - A well written, easily followed description goes a long way.

- Show at least a handful of people your project before you launch it. Just because it makes sense to you doesn't mean it makes sense to everyone else.

- Most importantly you need to have a product that people will care about and want. That is the same rule no matter where you buy or sell anything. Whether it be products, music, or art. No matter how many followers you have if they dont like the product they are not going to back it.

Kickstarters audience is getting bigger and bigger everyday. Allowing you to succeed without having hundreds of followers on Facebook and Twitter. While it does help to have them, its even more important to have a small # of friends and family who really care to back and share. If you are still struggling, odds are your project might be lacking in one of the top requirements. If so go back to the drawing board and dont rush it, crowdfunding isn't going anywhere,
  • Defyne Design
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by Defyne Design » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:25 pm

emenjeph - Offering Math in comic book form, seems like a good idea. Your catering to parents with young children. Have you been in contact with any parenting/tutoring websites, blogs, or groups? While you definitely have a lot of great pics showing off the art. You dont show any real people in your video. You say that you had a past series. How has that done? Testimonials of parents whose children used them and have done better on tests, or now have an interest in a subject they hated before. That would go a long way. Children saying why they think reading the books are cool. I guess my analogy for your project would be, you went fishing with a real nice fishing rod and a super shiny hook, but you forgot to bring the bait. I feel you forgot to sell the parent on why they need to buy this for their kids.
  • Defyne Design
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by Defyne Design » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:02 pm

The Magwoods are down to their last 8 hours on Kickstarter ( http://kck.st/1fFKpd4 ). I think its going to be a real weird feeling for the first few days when its over. Everyday your campaign runs, it has a very Christmas morning type feeling. You wake up and want to see who new backed you. Some days you get some coal (cancellation) first thing in the morning, and the smile is wiped from your face. At least until someone a little later backs you, and puts the smile back on. I'm going to miss it. Now its my turn to hopefully put smiles on peoples faces when they receive "The Magwoods" in the mail.
    Last edited by Defyne Design on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Kreedos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Kreedos » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Amazing you did this with little twitter promo. Congrats on this. I'm studying everything I can before I launch my campaign.
    https://twitter.com/CallCenterTV
    Follow and support me on Twitter
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:58 am

Congrats to Defyne Design for their awesome Kickstarter success :). They've been incredibly giving to this community and I'd like to thank them for answering all of these questions! Be sure to let us know when the product is for sale on your website.

Feel free to continue to post on this thread, but Defyne Design may not reply, as the AMA is over.

If anyone else has successfully raised funds and and would like to do an AMA, feel free to send me a PM.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Nick77
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Nick77 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Congrats on your campaign. Can you share with us your video view conversion rate at or near the close of your campaign. What I'm looking for is: video views: backers. Thanks.
    Kickin' it,
    Nick
    http://kck.st/1mjrFc2