Help a family's dream come true
  • EbbandFlowOBX
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Help a family's dream come true

by EbbandFlowOBX » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 pm

image.jpg
    image.jpg (131.24 KiB) Viewed 501 times

I want to introduce you all to Ebb and Flow Magazine. A travel and tourism publication of the highest quality. Think Coastal Living but dedicated to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This is what we are going for. We have a team of writers and photographers ready to begin providing content, an amazing artist/designer, and a team of vendors that will help us produce and distribute the end product. All we need is the startup capital to cover the first two issues until the advertising revenue becomes self sustainable for the entire business. That is where you come in. We have a kickstarter campaign ongoing right now

http://kck.st/1cT11nf

But this is more than a business for me, this is a life changing event for my entire family. My wife, and especially my children, want to move to the Outer Banks because it is where we are most happy. It is the whole reason that we are trying to start this business, to provide the kind of life our family wants. We also want to give back to the community we are hoping to relocate to by promoting the local businesses and artists.

I hope you will take the time to look at our project. If you like what you see, feel free to donate to the project, or please share our project with others. Hopefully you, or someone you know, will be our angel and help us reach our dream.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Help a family's dream come true

by sbriggman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:16 am

lovers of the Outer Banks of North Carolina

How have you been reaching out to individuals in this region? You guys didn't really break down the cost in your campaign text. Where will the money be going?

If I were you, I would just create the online edition first to begin generating advertising revenue. The costs for my blog (CrowdCrux.com) are close to zero. What would be your break-even point for advertising revenue per issue?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.