A first time Kickstarter. Open to feedback and thoughts.
  • cwjumpsuit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

A first time Kickstarter. Open to feedback and thoughts.

by cwjumpsuit » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I am about halfway through my Kickstart campaign and I just wanted to share it with all of you. It's an experimental short film. A true passion project - near and dear to my heart.

Please check it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1073757610/untitledfor-now

I have been sharing it with people within my community, but struggling to share it with people beyond my circle. I am seriously open to tips (gotten a few from here already) and feedback on the campaign.

If you are so generous as to share with people who you know who would want to contribute to this project - I would be indebted to you all.

Thank you so much for your time.

Best,

Carly

• David Mc Donnell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: A first time Kickstarter. Open to feedback and thoughts.

by David Mc Donnell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:07 am

Hi i Love all the Topic your covering.

I think your project page can be improved you could add more pictures of the journey and tell your story through that because at the moment its just text.

Just some food for thought because not everyone watches the videos first, they scan the page.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Based on the image below, I see that you are averaging 3 backers per day and have 0 comments on the project. I'm not sure if it's correlation or causation, but I've seen that a lot of successful projects have engaged backers that leave comments. Have you considered trying to encourage this and asking your backers to leave a comment?

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 4.14.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 4.14.13 PM.png (31.57 KiB) Viewed 2390 times
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • cwjumpsuit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cwjumpsuit » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 pm

Thank you guys for your thoughts. I have taken both your pieces of advice to heart. Any other pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
  • GYCO
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by GYCO » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 am

Hey Carly. What a beautiful and engaging media :)

And I love Pollock. Since your intro references paint it would be nice to see the text below somehow appear artistically by changing font or color. The light-aquamarine blue color may not be the best color to take us on a journey with you. is there a color that reinforces the mode in piece? Text helps move your story so if you can attach that to paint somehow... boom

just a simple thought :)
  • David Mc Donnell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by David Mc Donnell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:21 pm

The pictures make a big improvement, well done .

Why have you not connected your Facebook? Social Media is a must, if you dont have one borrow a friends or someone involved in the project
  • cwjumpsuit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cwjumpsuit » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Thank you for your ideas. I don't know how "hack" Kickstarter to incorporate more paint splatters into my homepage. A great idea! I just don't know how. The blue is a link to MoMA - nothing more.

Does anyone know how to "hack" or customize the page further?

Also, I have been sending it out to friends to promote on Facebook. I personally do not have one for personal reasons years ago, but that's another story for another day.

Thanks again!

Carly
  • EbbandFlowOBX
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EbbandFlowOBX » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Great work and very interesting concept. I love film and experimental films. Very interested to see how it goes.
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:31 am

I really like your energy! Since you live in the City, have you considered hosting an in person, live Fundraiser? Maybe find a small venue, have a lap top set up and engage everyone who attends. Throw a party! Beg, coerce, cajole and wrangle everyone you know to not only attend--but bring a friend!

You have a great energy, I am sure anyone who meets you will be moved by your passion and with a laptop on site, would love to help out.

I feel that hosting some kind of offline event during the mid-campaign slow down, is away for creators to find backers who might not even have ever heard of Kickstarter. Some people may not feel comfortable doing this, but if you realize that people back creators they like, far more often then products they want, you may be surprised with the result!
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • cwjumpsuit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cwjumpsuit » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Thank you for the idea. I don't know if I can make that happen in such short time. Another interesting that has happened is that people have been handing me cash or checks directly because they do not like Kickstarter spamming their inbox or they are uncomfortable with using a credit card online.

I don't think I can add that to my total on Kickstarter's page, but it's just been an interesting effect that I was not expecting.