Project has many purposes, including a safety benefit
  • Charliebid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Project has many purposes, including a safety benefit

by Charliebid » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 am

I am ready to start a a kickstarter project. The item has many benefits. It also has a safety benefit and possibly a health protection benefit. It is a technology product that saves energy, protects home equipment, talks over the Internet to determine environmental status of your home. Optimizes savings on consumable items and lets your home tell you what is going wrong with it.

Is because it has a side benefit of safety and or health am I "off limits " at kickstarter.

Thanks in advance

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Project has many purposes, including a safety benefit

by sbriggman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Cool. Look forward to seeing the campaign page. I like that you are describing the benefits of the product :). I would also suggest describing the "problems" it "solves."

For example, a car can have many benefits including: communicating status/wealth, a place to store things, a fast way to travel, etc.

However, if you were selling the first car, you would be more likely to say something like "Are you tired of it taking 60 minutes to cross town in your horse and buggy? Using this new vehicle called a car, you can cross town in 10 minutes!"

The problem would be how does someone travel from point A to point B in the fastest and safest manner? The solution is the car, which is better than existing solutions.

In your campaign, I would recommend explaining how the solution your product promises is better than existing solutions and how it solves a real need (describe the person with the need).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.