What can I do with my project?
  • bntkids-studios
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

What can I do with my project?

by bntkids-studios » Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:36 am

I have a project that I'm going to post. I'm left with a problem.

I don't have any particular skillsets to encourage backers to fund my project. All I have is my prototype, my description, and my artist. My artist has many subs and followers, and has agreed to help me reach out to spread the word as long as I work through her, but other than that, I lack the ability to be an actual "content" creator. I don't make content... at all. I just push my money to others to create the content for me.

I grew up in a closed environment with my little tiny family, who didn't teach me any cool skillsets. I got up, did school, went to bed. That's it. So I didn't learn anything cool or unique. Hence, why I can't offer anything other than my pitch and prototype.

What can I do? Is there any viable way to offer at least something for all my to-be followers and backers out there before I post my project?

• jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: What can I do with my project?

by jassiet.ross » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:18 am

It sounds like you're in a tough spot, but it's great that you have a prototype and an artist on board! Here are some ideas to help you engage potential backers and create value for your project:

Leverage Your Artist's Influence: Since your artist has a following, collaborate with them to create engaging content. They can help showcase your prototype through videos, illustrations, or social media posts that explain your project and its benefits.

Share Your Story: People love to connect with creators on a personal level. Consider sharing your journey, why you started this project, and the challenges you've faced. This can create a genuine connection with your audience.

Offer Early Backer Rewards: Even if you can't provide a lot of content, consider offering unique rewards for early backers. These could be limited editions, exclusive updates, or behind-the-scenes looks at your project’s development.

Engage in Community Building: Create a social media group or a Discord server where potential backers can connect. This allows you to build a community around your project, and you can share updates, get feedback, and create excitement.

Crowdsource Ideas: Involve your audience by asking for their input on certain aspects of the project. This not only engages them but also makes them feel like they’re part of the development process.

Consider Collaborations: If you can’t create content yourself, maybe partner with other creators or influencers who might be interested in your project. They can help promote it in exchange for a shout-out or a small incentive.

Learn and Adapt: It’s never too late to pick up new skills! You might find free online courses that teach basic content creation or social media marketing. Even learning a little bit can go a long way in boosting your confidence.

Remember, many successful projects start with just a great idea and determination. Your passion and willingness to reach out can resonate with potential backers. Good luck, and keep pushing forward! Click here to get more info.
    messyspace
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: What can I do with my project?

by messyspace » Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:59 pm

Try collaborating with your artist to share behind-the-scenes content about your project. Focus on telling your story and why it matters. Maybe offer some small rewards for backers, like exclusive updates.
    I'm an illustrator and graphic designer. Look at my art book about the simulation hypothesis! :mrgreen:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/me ... e-glitches

For more of my projects, visit my website: https://www.messyspace.uk/