Is there anything I can do here? (18 days)
  • an439
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Is there anything I can do here? (18 days)

by an439 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 am

Hi everyone,

I really like this forum, especially all the research it provides to creators (only wish I found it earlier!)

I'm here to ask on your opinions about what I can do to make this project successful. I want it to succeed because I love wearing the prototypes, and want more of them for myself and others.

-What is it: a necktie with discreet pockets on the back.
    -Pros: become memorable on an interview, prevent back pains caused by wallets, better for environment than leather, and keeps your valuables more secure.
    -Potential Cons: people are afraid it might weigh too much, but if you look at the few credit cards and cash you carry, they only weigh about 1 ice cube. (not sure if I should make this a bolder statement)
    -What I've done so far: let all my facebook friends know, my family, blogger and news outlets (~200), and have gotten a couple of articles out and a few more to come. Finally I plan to launch 3 short videos next week that illustrate benefits of ties in situations such a bar, robbery, and romantic experience
    -Why I think I am not getting the views/pledges I need: most of my friends are broke, and I have not established a good following pre relaunch.

What do you think I can do next? (I really would rather not relaunch for the third time as it feels quite hopeless).

LINK: bit.ly/revotie
    MANUAL: type in REVO necktie

Thanks,
    Arsen
    P.S. I've created a special page to make it easy to share this project with just 3 clicks!! eximiumexchange.com/ksshare.html
    Last edited by an439 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BitofaGeek
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Is there anything I can do here? (18 days)

by BitofaGeek » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

Hello,

Do you have a link to the kickstarter page please?

I'd say that building a following before launching is one of the more important things for a campaign. You might find more success in a relaunch with a bigger fan base.
    Entertainment for awesome people - http://www.BitofaGeek.com
  • an439
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by an439 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:31 pm

The relaunch would be plausible I think, I first made a good campaign, then on relaunch I've worked on advertising, and now finally on 3rd relaunch I would work on building a community. My only concern is to keep putting in time into something that is simply too niche of a product.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:18 pm

What's the link to your Kickstarter?

Advice I've put together for a relaunch: http://www.crowdcrux.com/ultimate-tips- ... -campaign/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • cwoodruffcoates
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cwoodruffcoates » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:31 pm

BitofaGeek wrote:Hello,

Do you have a link to the kickstarter page please?

I'd say that building a following before launching is one of the more important things for a campaign. You might find more success in a relaunch with a bigger fan base.

I agree... I know in retrospect it doesn't help much, but I wish I had done more pre-launch work before launching my second campaign.
  • ChaseSF
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ChaseSF » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Think I myself will be also doing a relaunch.