First Kickstarter Campaigns
  • americanpursuit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: First Kickstarter Campaigns

by americanpursuit » Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:12 am

beyondthefall wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:09 am Hi All - First time doing a kickstarter campaign and we are 6 days from ending. To say this has been a rollercoaster of emotions would be an understatement. Had an amazing first couple days and then we kind of died off and then we have kind of stayed steady for the remainder. We have had a lot of support and plenty of backers but havent been able to snag that ever elusive project we love badge lol. Some things I can share with the folks here that can hopefully help people launching their first campaign or are in the first few days of the new campaign.

1. Newsletters will be your best friend. We signed up for a few and they all have done pretty well for us. We worked with BackerRock, Backerspaces, Backermany and Backerclub (this one is launching the last few days of the campaign) and they all have done really well compared to the price. We actually did two rounds with backerspaces since they did so well the first time around.
    2. To keep a steady pace I would look for an advertising company that specializes in crowdfunding. During our pre-launch campaign our ads we were running to build out or VIP base were doing amazing but when we launched our ads outside of the first few days were doing almost nothing. We signed up to work with Jellop and they have been able to drive a steady flow of backers to us each day. They normally want to start on day 1 but we ended up securing them for day 2 start.
    3. Make sure to check the comments on the campaign. Unlike messages you don't get notifications that someone has left a comment and since everyone can see this who comes to your campaign page if you respond quickly it seems to make people less likely to think you are just trying to take their money.
    4. If you are running Meta ads make sure to use the custom refferal links from kickstarter so you can track what is happening. Even with our meta pixel loaded on kickstarter, meta/facebook was claiming it was pulling in 30+ backers a day which we were not able to track back to any report the dashboard within kickstarter. Once we started using the custom referral links it was an easy way to directly see which ad was working and which ones werent.

Hopefully some of this helps and I hope everyone's campaigns are very successful and if you want to check the project out here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/be ... ref=abicjz
    Hey! Thanks for sharing your journey and advice, that's very helpful! Congrats, that seems like a decent amount! Especially as your product is pretty niche I would think?

I am finished my own Kickstarter page (only video has to be done, I know, the most important piece) for a card game called American Pursuit and now looking into marketing options. If you are willing / can share, could you share more about the % of backers coming from the different newsletter providers, % from Jellops paid advertising, and what % from other sources and what were they?

And would you say Jellop is worth it if you look it from ROAS perspective? I'd love to get your perspective on this!

I hope to share my results once I go live!

• mogiproducts
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mogiproducts » Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:15 pm

Hi all,
    We are looking for some advice in order to have free or low amount sponsorship on websites / newsletter / web agency.

We are Mogi, a team of young italian guys who are trying to make something unique in the world of fashion accessories.
    Here it is our creation: Taska wallet.

This project started in 2020 during Covid lockdown.
    We started to create the first mockups and prototypes... After many trials and errors we thought we reached a good result to be shown to the rest of the world.

After a couple of unsuccessful campaigns, we launched some days ago for the third time a new kickstarter campaign for our italian vegan wallet named Taska.

Between the previous failed campaign and this one, we spent a lot of time in retrospect about what went wrong in the previous campaign, and it has been 1 year since the last failed campaign.

Meanwhile we really agreed on what are our 3 pillars:
    Sustanability: Our promise to make fashion in a respectful way: We abandoned the idea of producing our wallet by using traditional animal leather to be animal-cruelty free and we search and we tested many different kind of vegan "leather" before choosing the best one
    Innovation: We introduced an NFC holder in the wallet and we are proposing a separate Card Tracker to be inserted in the wallet or in other personal accessories.
    Style: Our keywords are:
    Artigianality & Made in italy. Our wallet is designed and produced in Italy, in small laboratories in the (poor) south of our country by real artisans who performs most of the work manually
    Unique Design: inspired by the iconic denim pocket shape, we wanted to keep the original italian name "Tasca" (“Pocket" in English) by replacing the letter "C" with the distinctive curvature of the front side of our wallet that resembles the letter "K".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mo ... ref=5p3zfz
    Trying to make something unique in the world of fashion accessories.

Taska Wallet: Sustanability, Artigianality & Made in italy, Unique Design
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mo ... e-in-italy
  • Dandelionhime
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dandelionhime » Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:49 am

:-)