Post Reply 1253 posts
What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • liviu.berechet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by liviu.berechet » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:30 pm

I've started working since the age of 15 at the National Television of Romania - News Department, did advanced science in collage, studied Architecture for 2.5 years in Uni (enrolled in a MArch 6 years program), before dropping out to start my own studio for TV / Broadcast motion graphics and Advertising (very small, 4-7 people). Closed the studio down 2-3 years later and started doing webdesign until I finally decided to go back to studying (I was looking for a 'creative break'). Got a BA in Games Arts from a uni in the UK. Been working in London as a VFX generalist and FX TD at companies such as MPC and Nexus Productions.

My project is a 3D printed, open-source, Virtual Reality interface that uses your smartphone power to deliver a high quality 110 FOV experience.

• niklarse
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by niklarse » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:43 pm

I am a graphic designed and website designer by trade - with dreams of opening a holiday chalet in a European mountain resort. I have wrote and currently illustrated a childrens book based on my first little boys refusal to go to bed. I am a also a keen mountain biker and snowboarded - and I am trying to launch a clothing label with some responsible and ethical credentials.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1711803274/wolfride-clothing
  • bradAnderson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by bradAnderson » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Greetings!!

First off, hello all!!

I currently work full-time at a country club (pays the bills) and part-time as a 3D modeler for a small startup in Denver. I'm pursing my B.F.A. in 3D Animation and ideally would like to become a technical director in that career field if I continue into it.

What I'd like to do... is start up my own company focusing on eco-friendly product alternatives and grow that for a while and then launch my own eco-friendly guitar company. If that's all successful I suppose my end-game would be to open a friendly, community-based coffeeshop in Denver that's half coffeeshop, half workshop for my creative companies. =]

Thanks,
    Brad!!
  • LaurenEll
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by LaurenEll » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 pm

ImageHello. My name is Lauren Ell and I am an online marketing consultant based in Southern California that helps individuals, startups, and small businesses with marketing, outreach, lead management, etc. I love thinking of creative ways for people to reach out to community and the world as a whole online and in-real-life. I am very passionate about success, effective communication, community unity and environment. Outside of working with businesses I also host an online broadcast called Enlighten Together where I and viewers from around the world discuss pressing subjects.
    Enlighten Together - online learning community that discusses documentaries and pressing subjects

Grow With Lauren Ell - online marketing consulting
  • crossseasent
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by crossseasent » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:31 am

Hello everyone! My day job is a 9-5 technical support admin...and I'm also a full-time dad. My passion from an early age has always been music. I've written and produced 2 albums with a 3rd on the way and I've been fortunate enough to have songs featured in hit shows like True Blood and Lincoln Heights. Anything I've done musically in my past has been done without any funding - just a lot of hard work and grafting. There was a time when I gave up my dream and thought it could never happen for me. That was 3 years ago and now I'm back and I'm ready to make it happen!

I'm expecting my next album to be explosive, but this time I need help...I need to do things differently this time round and I've quickly learnt that there's nothing wrong with asking for a little help to give me that kick start :)

So if you have time, please check out my project and help my dream become a reality: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2020874835/the-black-lion-chronicles-chaper-4-choose-love

My name is Blee.

P.S. Let me know what you think of my Wolf of Wall Street impression...
  • thcarr
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thcarr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:40 am

Hello, I custom build party buses for a living. Been doing this for the last 3 years. www.pimpmypartybus.com. My dream is to build a mobile video game arcade for children. Check out my kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... =discovery
  • jdk0509
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jdk0509 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm

My day job is currently in sales for an executive coaching company in the logistics (trucking) industry.

My passion project is AQUAPONICS! It is such a cool concept and really has a lot of potential to do something great and make a huge impact on a lot of people. I can't wait to see where it goes :)
  • Kozy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Kozy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:10 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Dan, I'm a design draftsman (CAD monkey) and my passion is cars.

Combining the two, I created 'Engineered Art', bespoke laser etched blueprint artwork, quality customised gifts for petrolheads.

www.blackargraphics.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 pm

@crossseasent - Hahaha I loved it. Great wolf of wallstreet reference. Good spin! :lol:

By the way - I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but if you are reading through all the entries in this thread and you would like to connect with someone in your industry or would like to talk with them about cross-promotion or other business ideas, don't forget that you can PM them :!: Just click their name and in their profile click "send private message."
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • PlanetEarth
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PlanetEarth » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:52 pm

I am a web developer and my passion is inventing things that the world need rather than what makes me money.
Post Reply 1253 posts